- Facts, figures, & findings. // EMedia Professional;Jul98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p11
Reports on developments related to the optical storage device industry as of July 1998. Includes CD-RW market's growth beyond industry projections; Japanese Recording Media Association's study predicting fluctuations in sales of optical media.
- Some say buyers of optical drives need to beware, but sales claims are still inflated. Foster, Ed // InfoWorld;02/23/98, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p68
Comments on the American optical drive industry's practice of using the capacity of the media to describe the capacity of the drive. Alleged fraud in the industry's claims; Types of customer information by optical drive manufacturers.
- Media, mastering, replicating & packaging. // EMedia Professional;Sep98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p23
Presents news updates concerning the optical storage device industry in the United States as of September 1998. Includes Mitsui Advanced Media Inc.'s release of its next-generation compact disc-readable media; Scottsdale Technologies Inc.'s acquisition of an exclusive worldwide license to...
- Pirates, Hollywood and incompatibility fail to stem DVD growth. Els, Frik // Finance Week;06/09/2000, p30
Reports on the growth of the digital versatile disc (DVD) market. Product's possible replacement of other storage methods in computers, video machines and other electronic devices; Storage capacity of DVD; Increase in the sales of DVD players.
- Driving to the year 2000. // InfoWorld;09/30/96, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p61
Presents information on projected optical storage product shipments for the years 1995 to 2001.
- Lower-cost products from CD-ROM/CD-R sector augur... // CD-ROM Professional;Feb96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p14
Reports that as low-cost CD-ROM-based storage solutions grow in high storage venues, the international market for optical library products will increase from $380 million in 1994 to $943 million in the year 2000. Technology groups of the optical library market; Domination of...
- Panasonic, Sony Fire Blue Lasers. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/8/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the introduction of the blue-laser optical recorders at the CEATEC show in Chiba, Japan. Display of working samples; Use of devices in high-definition optical recording systems; Development of devices for consumers and professionals.
- we built this city. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;11/8/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 22, p36
Discusses the prospects of the optical equipment sector of the U.S. telecommunication industry. Global spending on next-generation optical equipment during the first quarter of 2004; Partnerships that have accelerated the shakeout of Internet Protocol core router vendors; Major equipment...
- Chronicling the myth of the killer app. Parker, Dana J. // EMedia Professional;Jul98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p62
Focuses on the history of CD-ROM. CD-ROM's early days; CD-ROM and the multimedia PC; Comparison with Digital Video Disc (DVD) technology.