Video and PC games supersede TV as the `most fun' home entertainment activity
- Video game industry mulls age ratings. Triplett, Tim // Marketing News;7/18/94, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the establishment of the Interactive Digital Software Association by video game companies to devise a ratings system for video games of participating companies. Concerns of computer game makers under the Software Publishers Association; Ratings as a form of promotion; Effect of...
- Ratings body spawns assn.. // Billboard;4/23/94, Vol. 106 Issue 17, p76
Reports on the formation of the Interactive Digital Software Association by seven leading software companies. Charter members; Appointment of Dr. Arthur Pober as executive director of the association's rating board.
- Karg named IDSA copyright head. // Publishers Weekly;1/22/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 4, p18
Announces the promotion of Kathlene M. Karg as director of intellectual property and public policy for the Integrated Digital Software Association.
- IDSA announces E3 '96 return to L.A. Gillen, Marilyn A. // Billboard;5/20/95, Vol. 107 Issue 20, p56
Reports that the Interactive Digital Software Association (IDSA) is retaining its annual Electronic Entertainment Exposition (E3) for 1995. IDSA's contract to operate the industry association's convention into a partnership formed by Infotainment World and Mitch Hall Associates; Electronics...
- Interactive assn. names vp. Lichtman, Irv // Billboard;7/30/94, Vol. 106 Issue 31, p136
Reports that the Interactive Digital Software Association (ISDA) has appointed Gail Markels as senior vice president and general counsel. Previous position at the Motion Picture Association of America; Members of ISDA; ISDA's priority goal.
- CES Interactive postponed until 1996. // Playthings;Nov94, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the decision of the Electronic Industries Association's Consumer Electronics Group (EIA/CEG) to postpone the CES Interactive Show (CES-1). Tentative new date; Reasons for the postponement; Endorsement made by Interactive Digital Software Association.
- Video-Game group creates ads to deflect criticism. Melillo, Wendy // Adweek Eastern Edition;11/15/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p5
Reports on the Interactive Digital Software Association's launch of a consumer-awareness campaign in the United States, encouraging parents to check video-game ratings before buying. Implication of violent video games in the rising tide of juvenile violence in the United States; Tendency to...
- Big bucks predicted for game business. // Computer Graphics World;Jul97, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p10
Highlights the Interactive Digital Software Association's prediction of a strong growth for the personal computer and video game business in the United States in 1997.
- Internet play faces tough sell. Graser, Marc // Variety;5/27/2002 Emmy Issue, Vol. 387 Issue 2, p6
Highlights the percentage of U.S. gamers who are willing to pay to play online according to a study by the Interactive Digital Software Association. Companies which plan to connect their gaming consoles to the Internet; Amount which will be generated by online games by 2002; Number of Web users...