Schwab's Bianchini Makes Move to XL Capital
- Rebounding XL Capital Reports $186 Million Third-Quarter Net Income. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31511, p7
Reports that XL Capital Ltd., the Bermuda-based parent company of New York City-based bond insurer XL Capital Assurance Inc. has disclosed a net income of 186.4 million dollars for the fiscal third quarter of 2002. Income per share reported by the company during the quarter; Comparison of these...
- Bermuda's XL Plays Tortoise To ACE's Hare. LONKEVICH, DAN // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;02/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p3
Describes XL Capital Ltd., an insurance firm in Bermuda. Reason XL Capital is well liked by stock analysts; Fourth quarter income for 1998; Underwriting profitability.
- XL Capital Ltd Posts Dramatic Losses Resulting From Terrorist Attacks. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31257, p6
Reports that XL Capital Ltd., the holding company for bond insurer XL Capital Assurance, has reported losses for the third quarter of 2001. Reason for losses of the company; Estimation of loss per share incurred by the company; Comparison of the economic operating loss of the company in the...
- Bond Insurers: XL Capital Wraps Up Tough Year by Posting Big Loss in 4Q. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p30
Reports on the net loss incurred by XL Capital Ltd. for the fourth quarter of 2001. Difference between actual and projected losses; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. on XL Capital's performance.
- Upbeat XL Capital Reports 1st Quarter Net Income of $89.5 Million. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p6
Reports on the increasing net income for the first quarter of XL Capital Ltd. in Bermuda. Improvement of the financial performance; Enhancement of the market condition; Gross premiums of the company.
- XL Capital trims staff. Souter, Gavin // Business Insurance;10/16/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p1
Focuses on the reorganization and employee layoffs at XL Capital. Amount of business losses sustained by the company; Phases of the company's plans to realign operations; Business lines that the company is planning to get out from.
- XL opens one U.S. venture, shutters another. J.H. // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p14
Reports on excess liability company XL Capital Ltd.'s opening of XL Capital Assurance in New York City and disbanding of its InQuisLogic unit in Stamford, Connecticut. Plans to offer credit enhancement to international and domestic issuers of United States-dollar-denominated asset-backed...
- XL To Exit Losing Lines, Lay Off Staff. Crombie, Roger // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/23/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on the announcement that Bermuda-based XL Capital Ltd. will exit unprofitable lines, reduce its workforce and re-brand key business units in October 2000. Cause of the action; Statement issued by chief executive Brian O'Hara; Reaction of New York-based Merrill Lynch to the actions.
- Can Reinsurance Rest Assured? Lewis, Jakema // Private Placement Letter;10/16/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p4
Reports the decision of reinsurer XL Capital Ltd. to exit from certain lines of its insurance and reinsurance businesses. Reasons cited for the company's decision; Impact of the decision on the reinsurance industry; Business focus of XL Capital.