New Laws Threaten Albuquerque's Water and Sewer Bonds, Mayor Says
- Time to repeal the Public Utility Holding Company Act. Geddes, R. Richard // CATO Journal;Spring/Summer96, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p63
Focuses on the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 1935 (PUHCA) which was passed during the Great Depression, in response to the failure of a number of utility holding companies. How investors were defrauded; How the act is costly; Features of PUHCA; Information on the Energy Policy Act of...
- Unified front needed to fight unfair utility competition. Miodonski, Bob // Contractor Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p66
Editorial. Provides information on the program to fight unfair competition from utilities. Mention of some of the companies that present a united front to state and federal legislators and regulators.
- State regs spark new merchant issues. Zimmer, Michael J. // Electrical World;Jul98, Vol. 212 Issue 7, p49
Focuses on the difficulties developers active in the United States are experiencing, due to the increased importance of state regulatory action for merchant plants. Problems which project owners encountered; Increase of incidence of conflicts between state and local regulation; How developers...
- Utility law primer. Shropshire, Douglas A. // Reporter;Dec90, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Presents information on utility law for judge advocates or attorneys in the United States Air Force responsible for legal matters relating to utility services. Air Force Review regulations which should always be in the reach of a utility lawyer; Primary responsibilities which base level utility...
- Utility litigation. // Reporter;Sep91, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p29
Focuses on the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 41, Acquisition of Utility Services, which was published in the `Federal Register' in the United States on May 24, 1991. Terms of FAR Part 41; Provision of the FAR Part 41.
- Utility litigation. // Reporter;Dec91, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p27
Focuses on utility litigation in the United States. Department of Defense's (DoD) participation in energy conservation projects; Urging by the DoD for utilities to adopt Demand Side Management programs (DSM).
- Electricity industry restructuring. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep97, Vol. 76 Issue 8/9, p198
Presents information on the America's Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act (PURPA) which was passed in 1978. Information on the various changes related to the PURPA; How the renewable industry responded to the PURPA; Detailed information on the issue. INSET: Glossary..
- The energy act's new PURPA standards. // Electric Perspectives;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p61
Discusses the standards contained in Title I of the Public Utilities Regulatory Policies Act of 1978. Proposal that a specific aspect of utility regulation ought to be governed by the policy which the standard proposes for adoption; Department of Energy's statutory right to intervene in any...
- Electric and gas companies tired of old rules. Kukolla, Steve // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/20/95, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p5A
Reports on a bill which will alter electricity and gas utility regulations in Indiana. Provisions of the bill; Criticism of the bill; Support of all area electric and gas companies; Opponents of the bill.