DVD going the way of CD-ROM and VHS in 1998
- DVD-RAM to Boom. // Electronic News;07/03/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 27, p38
Deals with the forecasts made by market research firm InfoTech Inc. on the digital video disc (DVD) home video recorder units market. Expected growth of DVD market penetration; Examples of secondary applications that will emerge for DVD-random access memory (RAM); Prediction on the growth of...
- NARM could be setting for DVD switch, but don't count on it. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;3/15/97, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p97
Notes that entertainment industry support for the digital video disc (DVD) format is lackluster and likely to remain so for the time being. A conference on DVD technology at the National Association of Recording Merchandisers conference in March 1997; Why Hollywood has yet to embrace DVD...
- Plotting A Course To 90M DVD Homes. Schaeffler, Jimmy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/04/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p32
Takes a look at the trends and developments concerning the digital video disc (DVD) format in the United States, compiled as of September 4, 2000. Outlook for the DVD industry in the U.S. until 2009; Expected share of consumer electronics retailers in the DVD market; Integration of DVD...
- DVD-Video Sales Will Fast-Forward by 2000. Nicholls, Paul // Computers in Libraries;Mar1997, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p62
Reports on the study `DVD Assessment, Second Edition,' released by InfoTech. Expectation that digital versatile disc-video players will be introduced in 1997 at prices of $599 and up; Costs of the players by the year 2000; Contact point.
- InfoTech forecasts high density CD-ROM will accelerate industry growth. Pemberton, Heather // CD-ROM Professional;Jan1995, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the predicted impact of high-density CD-ROMs to the industry made by InfoTech president Julie Schwerin. Anticipated installed video CD capable drives by 1999; Factors considered.
- CD-ROM competition heating up worldwide. // Variety;5/8/95, Vol. 359 Issue 2, p37
Reports that Infotech has predicted the increase in worldwide unit sales of CD-ROM titles in 1995 due to the increase in number of CD-ROM players. Revenues for 1994.
- DVD for rent. Booth, Stephen A. // Popular Science;Dec97, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p41
Presents a pay-for-play video digital versatile disc (DVD) system to be available in 1998. The system called Digital Video Express; Key features; Costs; Privacy concerns; Involvement of Panasonic, RCA, and Zenith companies.
- InfoTech Forecasts Worldwide DVD-ROM Title Revenue to Exceed $500 Million in 1998. // Information Today;Apr98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p38
States that according to an InfoTech report titled `Optical Publishing Industry Assessment, Ninth Edition,' DVD-ROM title revenue will rise in from $3.5 million in 1997 to $567 million in 1998. Details on the royalties; Projection for 1999; Comments from InfoTech chairman and chief executive...
- Forecast: 24.7 M DVR homes by '07. // CED;Feb2004, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p12
Forecasts the economic performance of digital video recording technology by 2007 in the U.S. Percentage of homes subscribing DVR; Popularity of DVRs; Matrraige of technology with DVD players.