Replication consolidation continues with high-profile acquisitions
- Imation to produce recordable CDs. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;9/6/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 29, p34
Reports on the construction of a first phase-change optical media manufacturing facility by Imation Corp. in Wahpeton, North Dakota. Demand for blank recordable-rewritable compact discs (CD-RW); Plant operations; Number of plant employees; Machinery.
- Metatec finalizes purchase of imation's CD-ROM services business Assets. // EMedia Professional;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p14
Reports that Metatec Corp. has reached a definitive agreement with Imation Corp. to finalize the purchase of Imation's CD-ROM services. Impact of the purchase to Metatec's capacity and coverage; Facilities included in the deal.
- Imation plans to start up cash balance plan. // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p49
Reports that Imation Corp. is creating a cash balance plan following its spinoff from Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing Co.
- 3M names imaging company Imation. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;4/29/96, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p26
Reports that Imation will be the name of 3M's spin-off company consisting of its data storage, imaging, printing and publishing system, hard-good, and electronics service and support groups. Estimated sales; Future plans; Products to be handled.
- Imation to drop Onyx polyester plate line. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;11/30/96, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p40
Reports that Imation will drop its Onyx brand polyester plates, effective June 30, 1997. Company to focus on other products and markets, like digital and conventional proofing, Viking line of metal plates, conventional film and plate products and others.
- 3M's Imation to keep stock of storage goods. Dicarlo, Lisa // PC Week;7/08/96, Vol. 13 Issue 27, p22
Reports on developments related to Imation Corp. Focus on hardware products such as the LS-120 disk drive; Integration into select personal computers.
- Dive in to DVD. Sealey, Mark // Technology & Learning;Oct97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p41
Provides models to consider which relate to Digital Video Disc (DVD) players and DVD-ROM drives (computer version). Purpose of most of these models.
- INDUSTRY LEADERS DEMONSTRATE REAL-TIME DVD+RW RECORDING. // CD Computing News;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Reports that the leaders in CD-ReWritable industry such as Ricoh and Sony, have reinforced their commitment to digital video disc-ReWritable technology.
- In wake of CD-R media shortage, planned Barcelona plant will boost production. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p26
Reports that Ricoh Corp. and Kao Infosystems Corp. have announced plans to establish a company for producing compact-disc recordable media in Europe. Target timetable for the joint venture.