Writing the Digital Video Express
- Divx debuts; acceptance of controversial format remains uncertain. Wiley, Lauren // EMedia Professional;Sep98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p28
Reports on Digital Video Express' release of the Divx digital video disc which will allow consumers to purchase segments of viewing time using compatible players. Availability of the product at Circuit City stores in San Francisco, California and Richmond, Virginia; Recommended retail price for...
- Losing its DIVX appeal. // Electronic News;06/01/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2221, p4
Focuses on the decision by the Digital Video Express (Divx) to delay the launch of its digital versatile disc-alternative rental player system because of quality control problems.
- Divx video format. Elkin, Tobi // MediaWeek;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p44
Features the advertising campaign of Digital Video Express for its Divx video format. Advertising agency that makes the campaign; Budget.
- VLSI to make Divx Security ICs. // Electronic News;01/12/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2201, p24
Reports on VLSI Technology Inc.'s deal with Digital Video Express to develop and distribute exclusively a custom data security chip for Divx DVD video players. Copyright protection feature of the chip for movies released on Divx digital discs; Agreement among Disney, Paramount, Universal and...
- Even with some studios committed, Divx faces a lengthy uphill fight. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;09/27/97, Vol. 109 Issue 39, p87
Focuses on Digital Video Express, the joint venture of Circuit City Stores and the Ziffren Brittenham law firm, and its work to find studio support for Divx. Divx as a digital versatile disk (DVD) variant; How much Digital Video Express spent to have Disney to commit to Divx; Reaction of DVD...
- Emerging formats Divx, DVD face off at Kagan discussion. Fitzpatrick, Eileen // Billboard;11/29/97, Vol. 109 Issue 48, p61
Reports on the `Motion Picture Production & Finance' session at the Kagan Seminars, held in Los Angeles, California in November 1997. Divx technology, as explained by Paul Brindze, president of Divx Entertainment; His dismissal of a format war with DVD technology; Forecasts for growth in the...
- DIVX redux. Parker, Dana J. // EMedia;Sep99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p88
Probes into the failure of Digital Video Express' Divx format. Key elements of Divx; Claims of Divx detractors; Information on the Divx versus digital video disc (DVD) controversy.
- Rumors of Divx's death: Greatly exaggerated? Wiley, Lauren // EMedia Professional;Dec98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p22
Discusses the continued support of the Digital Video Express partnership between Circuit City and a Los Angeles, California law firm, for the digital, pay-per-view digital video system, called Divx. Assessment of test market for Divx, which launched in the United States in October 1998;...
- DVE touts convenience in ads for Divx launch. Elkin, Tobi // Brandweek;04/13/98, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p5
Reports on how Digital Video Express (DVE) will position the Divx video format at the store. Promotional support to the launch of Divx; Information on the advertisements developed by Arnold Communications for Divx; Issues that will be addressed by the campaign.