Maryland Governor Set to Veto County's Transportation Fee
- THE EFFECTS OF NEW DEBT ISSUES ON EXISTING SECURITY HOLDERS. Kolodny, Richard; Suhler, Diane Rizzuto // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Spring88, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p51
This study offers new evidence on the effect of debt issues announcements on security holder wealth. An important finding is that the announcement of a new debt issue has a positive effect on existing bondholders and no effect on equityholders. These results are analyzed by issue size and...
- Euro CMBS study looks to mitigate workout fees. McGeer, Bonnie // Asset Securitization Report;11/29/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 46, p1
Looks into the mitigation of special servicing prices in European CMBS transactions. Details on the appearance of the fees on corrected loans; Causes of the servicing prices for investors in Europe; Approach to make the borrower liable for workout fees.
- authorization. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p559
A definition of the term "authorization" is presented. It refers to the process of assessing a financial transaction, confirming that it does not raise the account's debt above its limit, and allowing the transaction to proceed.
- Cha-Ching for Coates Hire! RBS-led transaction upsizes to $I60M. C. M. O. // Private Placement Letter;11/29/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the private placement for Coates Hire Ltd. in the U.S. Assessment on the division of the transaction; Purpose of the placement; Evaluation on the payment of existing domestic debt.
- Avoiding sequester possible. ME LLMAN, MARK S. // Hill;2/20/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p21
The article reports on the debt-limit agreement voted by Republicans and Democrats in 2011 and the huge support for a financial transactions tax that will boost the deficit reduction to meet the terms of the agreement regarding budget cuts prevention.
- A Study of Bankruptcy Costs and the Allocation of Control*. Franks, Julian; Loranth, Gyongyi // Review of Finance;Jul2014, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p961
This article studies how the allocation of control rights in bankruptcy influences outcomes. Using Hungarian data, we find that the large majority of bankrupt firms in our sample are maintained as going concerns despite the fact that these firms generate large operating losses and low recovery...
- ASSET SELECTION WITH CHANGING CAPITAL STRUCTURE. Elton, Edwin J.; Gruber, Martin J. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Jun73, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p459
One of the major problems in finance is that of combining the separate costs of debt and equity into an appropriate cutoff rate for new investment; this problem is particularly acute when the firm is changing its capital structure. Solutions to this problem which have been proposed include...
- Pricing of foreign exchange options with transaction costs: The choice of trading interval. Hauser, Shmuel; Levy, Azriel // International Review of Financial Analysis;1996, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p145
Presents a study which developed an arbitrage-free option model in the presence of transaction costs. Information on the complete market call option valuation with transaction costs; What traders will try to avoid in the presence of transaction costs.
- Transaction cost economics and contractual relations. Maher, Maria E. // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Mar1997, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p147
Discusses the key factors in the study of transaction costs economics in the concept of opportunism. Development of a heuristic model of transaction costs and governance structure; Examination of Williamson's model; Degree of transaction cost.