J.P. Morgan Grows With Purchase Of Citizens Bank in Rhode Island
- Morgan Chase Acquires Citizens' Trust Biz. // American Banker;4/8/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 67, p23
Reports the announcement by J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. that it completed the acquisition of the corporate municipal trust business of Citizens Financial Group Inc. Indication that Morgan Chase will establish an office in Providence, Rhode Island; Mention that Citizens is a unit of Royal Bank of...
- Morgan merger shortchanges retail at Chase. Wipperfurth, Heike // Crain's New York Business;01/15/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the performance of J.P. Morgan Chase in the retail banking industry following the successful merger in New York. Revenues of the consumer division of the company; Review of the entire business of the company; Addition of more mutual funds and investment products.
- A TALE OF TWO BANKS. Miller, Suzanne // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p32
Focuses on the success of J.P. Morgan Chase on portfolio in the U.S. Services offered by the company; Merger between J.P. Morgan and Chase Manhattan; Identification of the portfolio managers of the company. INSET: Thinking Strategically.
- Merger Cost Increases for Morgan Chase. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;11/16/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 221, p20
Reports the merger plans of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. Generation of $650 million merger-related charges; Documentation in the Securities and Exchange Commission; Consideration of system integration cost, facilities cost, and retention payments.
- A wealth of interest. HENDERSON, TOM // Crain's Detroit Business;9/1/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p0011
The article discusses the interest of most banks in establishing wealth management in their practice. Topics covered include Citizens Financial Group Inc. (CFGI) seeking for financial advisers in Southeast Michigan and then launch private banking and wealth management services while larger banks...
- Largest Bank and Thrift Deals Completed in 2004. // American Banker;2/15/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 31, p14ma
Lists 50 bank and thrift deals completed in 2004, ranked by the price at closing. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. in New York; Bank of America Corp. in Charlotte; Wachovia Corp. in Charlotte; Citizens Financial Group Inc. in Providence, Rhode Island.
- JP Morgan Sells Brazilian Asset Management Arm. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p8
Reports that Brazil's Bradesco has agreed to acquire the Security Portfolios and Investment Funds of U.S. investment bank JP Morgan Chase & Company. Reason behind the decision of JP Morgan to exit the Brazilian asset management market; Competition and problems in the Brazilian investment...
- JPM to Take Over Cazenove for $1.7B. // American Banker;11/20/2009, Vol. 174 Issue F315, p18
The article reports that JPMorgan Chase & Co. has agreed to buy out its venture with Cazenove Group, the 190-year-old British brokerage. Brief financial information is provided on the deal and comments are offered by financial analyst Matthew McCormick.
- Weetabix Reignites Euro Flex Debate. Iyer, Savita // High Yield Report;7/12/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p2
Reports on trends in the syndicated loan market in Europe. Operations of JP Morgan and its buyout of cereal maker, Weetabix; Decline in pricing; Relationship between banks and investors; Hedge funds; Loan market dynamics