Sources: Moody's Report Overstates Effect of Raids on HFAs
- Moody's rates state finance authorities. // American Banker;2/22/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 35, p14
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's issuance of ratings for state housing finance agencies on their ability to meet general obligations not related to bonds. Ratings assigned to the Illinois Housing and Development Authority and the Alabama Housing Finance Authority; Basis of general...
- Moody's Targets Assisted-Living Sector as Increasingly Risky. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30874, p3
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s analysis of the risk involved in the financing of assisted-living facilities by state housing finance agencies in the United States. Assisted-living facilities that defaulted on mortgages insured under the United States Department of Housing & Urban...
- After a 5-Year Run, Moody's Lowers Outlook on State HFA Sector to Stable. Vandum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p6
Reports that bonds and debts rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has lowered its outlook on Washington state housing finance agency's (HFA) credits. Reason behind decision of the agency to lower the rating; Decrease in average profit of HFA during the year 2002; Impact of lowered...
- Default Puts Nebraska Section 8 Debt on Mody's Watch List. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31524, p32
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has placed $595,000 of outstanding 1993 multifamily housing revenue bonds issued through the Nebraska Investment Finance Authority on a watch list as a result of a possible monetary default by Yorkshire Development, a first for a Section 8 issue rated...
- Public housing. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;04/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30624, p8
Highlights the claim of Moody's Investors Service analysts that more United States housing authorities are likely to seek out partnerships with state housing finance agencies. Availability of federal funds; Ability to deposit the funds in interest-bearing accounts.
- Moody's gives housing fund highest rating. E.K.P. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/24/95, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p29A
Reports that the fund used by the Indiana Housing Finance Authority to issue low-interest home mortgages to thousands of Hoosier families has earned the highest financial rating possible from Moody's Investor Service. Significance of the top rating for Indiana home buyers.
- Moody's: HFA Outlook Bright. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;09/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30979, p2
Highlights Moody's Investors Service's ratings forecasts for the state housing finance agency industry in the United States for the year 2000.
- A Housing First: West Virginia Fund Scores Triple-A Rating from Moody's. Vadum, Matthew; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;06/26/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30920, p3
Reports that the general obligation debt rating of West Virginia Housing Development Fund has been upgraded by Moody's Investors Service. Low-risk profile and strong overall financial position of the housing agency; Upgrade of the agency's housing bond program; Graph on bonds issued by the...
- Moody's says housing finance agencies are doing better than ever. Meisler, Daniel; Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;10/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30510, p36
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s assessment of the credit standing of state and local housing finance agencies in the United States. Risk associated with declining federal contributions; Combined fund balances of the agencies; Financial health of various agencies.