Rail Bill Would Give $15B for State and Local Projects
- Bill Lipinski may back a surprising candidate for governor. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/16/96, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p30
Focuses on American Representative William Lipinski. Suitability of Lipinski for governor; Comparison of Lipinski to Democrat Glenn Poshard; Comments from Lipinski's aide Jack Novak.
- Nalepa vs. Lipinski. Gizzi, John // Human Events;5/10/96, Vol. 52 Issue 18, p15
Reports on electioneering efforts of 1996 congressional candidate Jim Nalepa. Educational background; Career history; Views on balanced budget; Competition with Representative William Lipinski.
- Lipinski's blue heaven. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;02/12/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p4
Profiles Democratic Representative William Lipinski of Chicago, Illinois. Assumption of a leadership role in a tight-knit coalition of conservative Democrats; Close personal relationship with House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert; Chairmanship of a transportation task force organized by the Blue Dog...
- Lipinski: If the FAA doen't take action, Congress will. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Dec97, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p18
Cites the introduction of a bill by Illinois Representative William Lipinski to spur the United States Federal Aviation Administration to require TCAS II on large cargo aircraft. Warning made by Lipinski; Details on the bill.
- Legislation would require load covers. // Overdrive;Dec93, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p18
Reports on Illinois Representative William O. Lipinski's support for the legislation setting national standards for covering loads hauled on open-top trailers. Focus on a Journal of Commerce report.
- Cargo TCAS requirement may get into overall FAA bill. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jun98, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p20
Discusses attempts by United States Representative William Lipinski to rejuvenate interest in a bill aimed at requiring Traffic-alert and Collision-Avoidance System (TCAS) II on large cargo aircraft. Previous rejection of the bill; Efforts to get the legislation included in the United States...
- Wanted: Chicago Plan financing. // Railway Age;Sep2003, Vol. 204 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the funding problem of a railroad project in Chicago, Illinois. Comments from Congressman William Lipinski on the financing plan of the project; Negotiation efforts of Lipinski with various transportation association in the city; Brief background on the railroad transportation project.
- Congress weighs tax on cruise industry, selling old ships in attempt to fund subsidies. James, Robert P. // Traffic World;5/9/94, Vol. 238 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the legislative proposal to tax cruise shipping lines in the United States. Need of funds to bailout cargo carriers or shipyards; Proposal from Representative William Lipinski; Tax as the base of a funding scheme.
- CONGRESS TO TACKLE MEXICAN TRUCK ISSUE. Nicholas, Jess // Overdrive;Apr2001, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p62
Presents the impact of the bill from Representative William Lipinski on the Mexican trucks passing the safety inspections in the United States (US). Hindrance in passing the US highways; Decisions of the North American Free Trade Agreement on the US highways; Reaction of David DeCarme on the US...