St. Louis Voters OK Debt for Airports, Air Conditioning
- Be vocal in this heated debate. Braithwaite, Paul // Heating & Ventilating Review;Aug2009, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p5
The author encourages the public to be vocal in pointing out what is wrong with the rules on the design of public schools in Great Britain, particularly the way the buildings are ventilated. He cites the incidence of fainting in students in Bradford as an indication that the classrooms need air...
- HVACR Is Essential In The Classroom, In Outer Space. Hall, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/21/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 8, p31
Discusses the issue of air conditioning of public schools and an international space station in Houston, Texas. Proposal focusing the expenditure estimate for the air conditioning of schools; Reasons for the need of school air conditioning; Installation of air conditioning lines and...
- A blast of cool air. Watson, Olufemi J. // New York Amsterdam News;6/21/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 24, p35
The article informs that auditorium of Public School 154 in Brooklyn, New York City was upgraded by installing a new air conditioning system.
- Jobs and training: A New England perspective. Hall, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/08/99, Vol. 208 Issue 10, p4
Discusses the need to train heating, ventilation and air conditioning students in New England with modern equipment. Lack of initiative from public schools to purchase modern equipment for training students; Maintenance of the flow of students coming through the school system.
- APPLICATION-- HVAC. // American School & University;Oct2000, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p51
Deals with the portable air conditioners provided by TOPP to Washington D.C. Public Schools for the schools' summer-session classes. Number of portable air conditioners delivered and installed by TOPP.
- Frictionless chiller helps school earn LEED rating. // Snips;May2008, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p52
The article reveals the benefit of a frictionless compressor chiller from McQuay to the Harford County public school system in Maryland. In its effort to achieve sustainability, the school board decided to approve a project that includes the adoption of a heating, ventilation and air...
- Chicago Schools Increase Capital Spending Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/7/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34105, p1
The article reports that the Chicago Public Schools (CPS) of Chicago, Illinois has planned to increase capital spending in 2015 to install air conditioning in schools and to build Barack Obama College Preparatory High School, as of May 2014. Topics include the spending of one billion U.S....
- First Round of Schools to Receive Air Conditioning. Bayliss, Deborah // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;5/7/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the first phase of the five-year plan of Chicago, Illinois led by Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Chicago Public Schools (CPS) chief executive officer (CEO) Barbara Byrd-Bennett to provide air conditioning to every classroom. According to Emanuel, CPS is investing in such project...
- Taking Innovative HVAC Design to School. Rajecki, Ron // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jul2013, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p20
The article discusses the design heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) design of Chief Sealth International High School and Denny Middle School in Seattle, Washington. The schools represent accomplishments of the Building Excellence III capital bond, which aims to implement Seattle...