- Forget the budget, now it's tax-cut time. // U.S. News & World Report;6/17/96, Vol. 120 Issue 24, p12
Considers how Bob Dole and President Bill Clinton are advocating tax cuts. Efforts to win voter support in the election year; Clinton's proposed tax credits for college.
- Lenders Doubt Adequacy Of U.S. Guarantee Funding . WOKER, CRAIG // American Banker;10/28/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 208, p10
Expresses concern on the inability of the amount allotted by the United States government for agricultural loans to meet the financial needs of farmers in the country. Total amount allotted for the agricultural sector for fiscal 2000; Number of banks that have used the agricultural loan program...
- Cook County Looks to Swap Extensions as Shortfall Looms. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/29/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32538, p31
The article reports on the effort of Board of Commissioner president Todd Stroger and other officials in finding ways to bring in savings through debt-related transactions in Cook County, Illinois. The county is looking for ways to bring in savings for fiscal year 2007. The county has completed...
- Stuck in neutral. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/24/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p1
While some rays of economic optimism are showing, high unemployment and state budget woes contribute to a sense that Michigan is stuck in neutral. Through 2003's third quarter, the latest state employment data show little evidence of job improvement in Southeast Michigan. Unemployment rates...
- President's budget seeks an end to tax break for the middle class. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;2/2/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the 3.8 trillion U.S. dollars budget request unveiled by the White House which renews the Making Work Pay tax credit for fiscal 2011.
- State Budget Gap In Illinois Leads To Big Fee Increase. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;6/2/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the increase in supervisory fees for state-chartered credit unions in Illinois as a result of a plan to close a gap in the state budget. Integration of the fee with the state's general fund to help balance the budget; Credit unions' discussion on possible conversion to federal...
- Ill. Budget Deal Would Cost CUs. // Credit Union Journal;6/2/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p11
Reports on Illinois state lawmakers' package of spending cuts and revenue increases that would result in fee hikes for credit unions.
- the numbers. // California CPA;Sep2014, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p4
The article presents statistics related to financial issues in the U.S. including the amount of tax credit claims in 2012, the average individual mortgage debt in September 2013, and the average family budget allocation for the purchase of mobile devices for school children.
- Struggling to Balance Budget, Kentucky Hit With Negative Outlook. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31254, p55
Discusses the credit ratings of Kentucky by financial rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. Effect of a failure to balance its budgets with revenue on the state's ratings; Million dollar revenue shortfall predicted for a fiscal year; Areas that benefit from a majority of the state's appropriations.