The Ancient Ceramics of West Mexico
- Blanca Garcia de la Sota. Walls, Wuanda M. T. // Ceramics Monthly;Dec2004, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p36
Profiles Blanca Garcia de la Sota, a Mexican-born ceramist. Factors that made her a first-rate ceramic artist; Art schools that she attended; Description of her work; Methods of making stoneware. INSET: Mold-and-Coil-Built Sgraffito Vessels.
- Egypt still wants the Rosetta stone. // Archaeology;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p19
Reports on the denial by the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities of dropping its claims to the Rosetta Stone and other antiquities. Source of this information.
- Antique or junque. McCollam, Anne // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;May94, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p12
Presents answers to readers' inquiries on antiques. Markings on the bottom of a coffee pot traced to chicory pattern; Reproductions of 18th and 19th century furniture; David P. Lindquist and Caroline C. Warren's `Colonial Revival Furniture With Prices'; Prices.
- Glass menagerie. Revi, Albert Christia // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p6
Offers tips regarding glass antiques. Carden Steuben lamp; Alabaster statuette; Contact information.
- You can tell a true collector by his underwear. Rinker, Harry L. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p8
Reports on economic views of an antique collector. Money matters; Views on collecting things.
- Antiques & Americana. Michael, George // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p88
Reports on antique inkwells and food ceramic pieces. Historiography; Uses.
- Knock on wood. Johnson, Bruce // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Nov94, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p52
Presents questions and answers about antique wood items. Criteria for keeping or improving old repairs; Dowel versus glue for antique restoration.
- Antiques or junque. McCollam, Anne // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Mar1995, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p12
Answers questions concerning antique pieces. Value quotations; Love seat made around 1900; Glass container that sits in a silver holder or frame; Books entitled `Discovery and Exploration', `Reconstruction', `Developing Nations'; Hatpin holder circa 1900; Postcards from the 1900s.
- Antique or junque. McCollam, Anne // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug95, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p10
Presents a question-and-answer advisory concerning antiques. Combination bookcase-secretary made in the early 1900s; Hopalong Cassidy plate made by W.S. George around 1950; Pictures of cuddly babies by Bessie Pease Gutmann.