Minnesota Senate Offers Budget Plan With Tax Hikes, Fewer Cuts
- Calling All Budgeteers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/25/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32140, p41
The article reports that the Republican Governor Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota has called lawmakers back to work immediately after the Legislature closed its regular session without passing a new biennial budget plan. With Republicans in control of the House and Democrats holding the majority in the...
- Local Aid Hit as Minnesota Governor Unveils $46B Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p31
Reports on the impact of a two year budget unveiled in Minnesota by governor Tim Pawlenty on local aid of the state. Decrease in local aid to the counties; Overview of the budget; Features of the budget.
- Minnesota Gov. Pawlenty Vetoes Democrats' Balanced Budget Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/12/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33315, p6
The article reports that Governor Tim Pawlenty vetoed a budget-balancing plan proposed by Democratic Party leaders in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Wraps Up Budget, Averting 2nd Shutdown. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p4
Reports on the Minnesota lawmakers' approval of final spending appropriations needed to complete work on a two-year, budget in time to keep the government from shutting down for a second time. Governor Tim Pawlenty's signing of a measure temporarily restoring government operations; Proposed tax...
- Minnesota Governor Vows to Veto Senate Democrats' Tax Hike. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32127, p39
The article reports that Minnesota Governor, Tim Pawlenty recently vowed to veto U.S. Senate Democrats' temporary income tax increase for wealthier state residents that lawmakers say would raise nearly $1 billion for the fiscal 2006-07 biennial budget. The Democrats' proposal also would impose...
- MINNESOTA: Pawlenty Hacks Away. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/17/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33283, p9
The article reports that Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty cut the one million dollars capital budget given by the lawmakers.
- (NUTRITION) MN Judge Rules Against Unilateral Budget Cut. // Community Health Funding Week;1/1/2010, p21
The article reports that Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty cut 2.7 billion dollars in state funds to balance the state's budget.
- Pawlenty Continues To Target Health Care. // Minnesota Medicine;Mar2010, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p24
The article reports on the plan of Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty to cancel a 1.2 billion dollars state budget deficit through decreasing the income eligibility guidelines for single adults.
- Minnesota's New Governor Unveils Deficit-Busting Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p28
Reports on Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty's plan to wipe out deficit in the state's two-year budget as of January 2003. Details of the plan; Pressures on legislators in the state to approve the plan; Possible scrutiny of the plan in the Senate.