NEWS IN BRIEF
- Moody's Realigns Analysts; Boicourt Named Head of Merged Team. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has realigned its infrastructure finance team to include analysts covering states and large cities in the United States. Goal to increase efficiency in serving clients; Renee Boicourt's appointment to the post of manager of the merged team.
- Moody's Changes Cleveland's Debt Outlook to Negative. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p6
Reports on the change of rating by rating agency Moody's Investors Services for Cleveland's general obligation debt issue. Ratings given to the issue by rating agency Standard & Poor's; Features of the bonds; Reason for change in ratings of the issue.
- Credit Rating: A Tough Business to Enter. // High Yield Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p1
Relates the arguments of Moody's Investors Service against plans to accept new market entrants to the rating agency market.
- The role of the rating agencies. Bertrand, Marsha // World & I;Jul98, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p62
Focuses on the role of debt-rating agencies. Example of premier debt-rating agencies; Criticisms on the failure of debt-rating agencies to give investors advance warning of the East Asian financial crisis; Problems met by Moody's Investors Service in giving warning to investors.
- Fitch and Moody's Trade Jabs With Competing Studies. // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p7
Reports the competition between rating agencies Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings company in New York. Reports on rating transitions; Differences in rating agency methodology; Downgrades in deals.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;7/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31435, p29
Reports developments related to bond market in the U.S. as of July 2002. Financial problems of Bay Medical Center; Provision of funds for flood recovery by the state Department of Housing and Community Development; Plans of Moody's Investors Service to increase bond financing.
- New Jersey incinerators. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;09/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30475, p7
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service analyst John Moore and Chee Mee Hu's warning against New Jersey efforts to help counties that sold bonds for garbage-disposal facilities. Below-investment grade ratings to debt from the Atlantic County Utilities Authority, Pollution Control Financing...
- News In Brief: Whitman Hanson RSD Up to A2 By Moody's. // Bond Buyer;11/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31269, p2
Reports that U.S.-based rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the rating on approximately $21.4 million in outstanding long-term securities from Whitman Hanson Regional School District in Massachusetts.
- Pa. School District Upgraded by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p2
Reports on the upgrading of the general obligation bonds of Owen J. Roberts School District by Moody's Investors Service in Pennsylvania. Financial position of the school district; Assignation of an Aa3 rating to the school bond; Use of the bond proceeds for school construction.