Tobacco Fallout Cited as Moody's Lowers $9.5B in California Rans
- Low recovery rates still a major problem for CDOs. // Asset Securitization Report;6/25/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p6
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded York Funding 1998-1 due to low recovery rates in collateralized debt obligations in the United States. Issuers of York Funding; Other downgrades by Moody's for York Funding.
- Moody's questions the responsibilities of trustees. O'Leary, Christopher // Asset Securitization Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p7
Reports that U.S.-based credit ratings firm Moody's Investors Service plans to revise its rating policy for asset-backed securitization (ABS) deals. Inclusion of risk associated with trustees of ABS deals; Criticism of the rating policy changes by ABS industry executives.
- Moody's-Too Far, Again? Controversial rating practice wins it market share, as in '96. Tempkin, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/25/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 25, pN.PAG
Reports that firms dealing in collateralized debt obligation in the U.S. are accusing Moody's Investors Service Inc. of unfair rating practices. Incentive to investors to buy bonds with Moody's rating on it; Restrictions put by rating agencies on collateral bonds that they do not rate; Moody's...
- Moody's May Reward Miami for Improved Finances With Upgrade From Junk. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p6
Reports the review of Moody's Investor Service rating agency for the junk-credit rating in Miami, Florida. Impact of the bond rating review on outstanding debt; Factors attributing the rating agency to review the junk-credit rating of the city; Account on the general fund budget deficit of the...
- Rated for First Time, Midway Airport Gets High Marks Heading Into Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p6
Reports the rating of the Midway Airport senior-lien general airport revenue bonds by the rating agencies in Chicago, Illinois. Differences in the rating between Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor and Fitz; Series of pricing on the transactions; Factors on the revenue growth.
- Wells Fargo CDO Group Approved. Gregory, Michael // Bank Loan Report;11/20/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p3
Reports that credit rating agencies, Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service Inc. approved an expanded collaterized debt obligation from Wells Fargo Corporate Trust. Result of the approval; Effort of the company to facilitate better trade decisions.
- More, smaller securitisations in 2003, says Moody's. // Estates Gazette;01/25/2003, Issue 304, p43
Presents forecasts for the European commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) market in 2003 from ratings agency Moody's. Total commercial property-backed bonds issued in 2002; Percentage of CMBS issuances made up by the British market; Forecast for securitization of trophy assets.
- MICHIGAN. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has revised Kalamazoo, Michigan-based Western Michigan University's outlook to positive from stable in a report issued in conjunction with the school's sale in the third week of March 2003 of $ 23 million of refunding bonds. Use of the proceeds to...
- CONNECTICUT: Rating Reassurance. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p33
Reports the ratings for general obligation bond sale in Connecticut. Increase of budget gap; Reflection of the ratings of Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's Corp for the bond sale.