- Pre-Raphaelite treasures. // British Heritage;Dec98/Jan99, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p9
Describes a pair of medieval-style chairs on display at the Delaware Art Museum in Wilmington, England for the summer of 1998. Pre-Raphaelite interest in the intersection of painting, decoration and literary resources; Museum's purchase of the chairs in 1997; Exhibition hours at the museum;...
- Woodworking Around the Globe. Zinder, Dan // Woodworker's Journal;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p18
The article focuses on various developments and information related to woodwork. Canadian woodturner Brian McEvoy spent years working as an electrician, but his hobby was woodcarving. The Grand Rapids Art Museum is coordinating an exhibit of Classic Chair, which is celebrating its birthday on...
- Gifts For The Executive. Kent, Millie // New Mexico Business Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p35
Presents several varieties of Christmas gifts for executives. List of chocolate products from Theombra Chocolatier; Features of Ekornes Stressless recliner from Tema; Information on the painting and prints in the Zaplin Lampert Gallery.
- Collectors Update. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p10
Presents information on antiques and other collectibles. Chantilly, the Black Lace at The Baltimore Museum of Art in Baltimore, Maryland; Chippendale chair acquired by Mount Vernon in October 1999 at Christie's auction house in New York; Traditional Pueble pottery of the American Southwest.
- SMITHSONIAN ADDS IRON AND GLASS FURNITURE TO CRAFT COLLECTION. Shea, Chris // Anvil's Ring;Fall2011, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p29
The article reports that the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington, D.C. has obtained the three furniture pieces in cast glass and forged iron. It mentions that the furniture pieces include two Cafe Chairs and Arthropod Side Table which will be added to the museum's collection of...
- Issues with Reissues. Tully, Judd // Art + Auction;Apr2008, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p38
The article looks at several firms that offer reproductions of work by prominent artists. Perimeter Editions specialty firm and gallery produces limited editions of pieces conceived by several French artists. Reissues of creations by postwar French designer Janette LaverriÃ¨re has been...
- Taking liberty with chairs, in Liberty. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/30/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p14
The article reports on the collaboration of the Sullivan County Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES), Liberty Community Development Corp. (CDC) and the Liberty Museum & Arts Center to sponsor the Annual Elementary Art Show and Chair Auction in Sullivan County, New York. Starting May...
- HOMETOWN ARTISTS. Schwartzman, M. T. // TravelAmerica;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p66
Recommends several single-artist art museums in the United States. Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, Massachusetts; Georgia O'Keeffe Museum in Santa Fe, New Mexico; Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Where to look at art. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p30
Lists numerous general art museums in the United States.