GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK
- What's the matter, dust mites got your dander up? Shaheen, Lisa // Pest Control;Mar97, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p54
Describes the Dermatophagoides farinae or house dust mites. Description and characteristics; Allergens released by dust mites; Breeding sites; Maintenance and control; Skin flakes as food of dust mites; Number of protein content of dust mite feces.
- House dust mite allergens (Der pI and Der pV) within... Chih-Shan Li; Hsu, Ching-Wan // Archives of Environmental Health;May/Jun97, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p208
Evaluates the environmental distributions of house dust mite allergens (Der pI and Der pV) in the homes of asthmatic, atopic, and nonatopic control children during the summer and winter in Taipei, Taiwan. Dust sample collection used in the study; Statistical analysis used in the study; Amount...
- Euroglyphus. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p816
An encyclopedia entry for "Euroglyphus," which refers to a common house dust mite, is presented.
- Dust mites everywhere. // Pediatrics for Parents;1996, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p12
Presents excerpts from an article published in the March 21, 1996, issue of the `Medical Tribune' journal, which focuses on dust mites. Mites' impact on children; Clothes as home for dust mites.
- Blow it off! O'Meara, Stephen James // Odyssey;Dec96, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p3
Presents information on the causation of sneezing by the fecal pellets of dust mites. Dust mites as microscopic arachnids that feed off flakes of dead skin; Enzyme in the fecal pellet as cause of sneezing.
- Easy come, wheezy go. Sweet, Melissa // Bulletin with Newsweek;9/25/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6294, p38
Focuses on the management of allergy-related asthma in Australia. Correlation between the reduction of house dust mites to the decline in the severity of asthma attacks; Commercial influences on clinical trials; Avoidance of household pets.
- Mite mysteries. // Discover;May96, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the mechanism by which dust mites can cause allergic asthma attacks. Background information; Binding of Der p 1 from mite fecal pellets to IgE antibody; Effect of Der p 1 on B cells; Effect of cigarette smoke on antiproteases.
- Allergy to house dust. // Colourage;Dec2004, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p61
Reports on the increase in cases of allergy caused by house dust mites in industrial countries.
- Making hay. Phillips, Debra // Entrepreneur;Apr97, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the growing market for anti-dust mite products. Increases in the number of allergy and asthma cases from 1990-94.