Tax dispute prompts Al Fayed to quit Britain
- Outside looking in. Ratnesar, Romesh; Dam, Julie K. L. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);09/15/97, Issue 37, p54
Examines the struggle that Mohammed al Fayed encountered with the British monarchy. Al Fayed's battle with the British establishment over his 1985 purchase of Harrods, his unrewarded quest for citizenship, and his role in bringing down Conservative ministers; How al Fayed's world collapsed with...
- King of controversy. Rogers, Patrick; Biddle, Nina // People;03/02/98, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p58
Profiles Mohamed Al Fayed, owner of Harrods department store in London, England and father of Dodi Al Fayed who, along with Princess Diana of Wales, died in a car accident in August of 1997. Controversial things Fayed did in early 1998; Stories he has told of Dodi and Diana's relationship;...
- Egypt's Al Fayed restores the house fit for a former king. Wadler, J.; Hauptfuhrer, F. // People;1/8/90, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p85
Describes how Egyptian billionaire Mohamed Al Fayed came into possession of the Paris villa the late Duke and Duchess of Windsor lived in since 1952, and how Al Fayed restored the villa and its furnishings to turn it into a private museum.
- Holly war at Harrods. Orth, Maureen // Vanity Fair;Sep95, Issue 421, p70
Focuses on the disputes involving Harrods chairman Mohamed Al Fayed. Acquaintance with the Sultan of Brunei; Struggle for English citizenship; Ritz losses due to Fayed's luxurious living; Rivalry with tycoon Roland `Tiny' Rowland; Germs phobia; Preferences for hiring assistants; Family...
- Life before Harrods. Sanger, Daniel; Feldman, Julien // Saturday Night;Jun98, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p42
Profiles Mohamed Al Fayed, an Egyptian business tycoon. Details on his business in Haiti; Information on his business relation with Bozo Dabinovic, a Monaco-based shipping agent; Investigations on Al Fayed.
- DIANA'S INQUEST GETS NASTY! Dubin, Danielle; Margaret, Mary; Messer, Lesley; Rizzo, Monica; Triggs, Charlotte; Alexander, Bryan; Alexander, Reagan; Breuer, Howard; Cedenheim, Pernilla; Chiu, David; Egan, Nicole Weisensee; Ford, Sabrina; Garcia, Jennifer; Helling, Steve; Ingrassia, Lisa; Marx, Linda; Perry, Simon; Stachyra, Brooke Bizzell // People;3/3/2008, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p26
The article presents several quotes from Mohamed Al Fayed on why Princess Diana was murdered, why Prince Philip disliked Dodi Al Fayed, and Prince Charles' relationship with Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.
- Al Fayed wins appeal to keep 'secret' documents. Rovnick, Naomi // Lawyer;06/17/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p2
Reports that the Scotland Yard has lost a legal battle with Harrods owner Mohamed Al Fayed over documents its solicitors sent to him by mistake regarding his ongoing litigation against the police for wrongful arrest. Reaction of Al Fayed to his arrests.
- harrods. Aitken, Ian // New Statesman;05/24/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4437, p18
Discusses in detail how Mohamed Fayed's emporium became a Mecca for vulgarians. How Fayed launched the degentrification of Harrods; How Fayed took to the job of vulgarization with manic zest.
- Worlds apart. Hubbard, Kim; Biddle, Nina; Mikelbank, Peter // People;06/22/98, Vol. 49 Issue 24, p56
Reports on the personal attack launched by Mohamed Al Fayed, father of Dodi Al Fayed, at Frances Shand Kydd, mother of Princess Diana, during an inquiry into the car accident which killed Dodi and Diana in 1997. Troubles Mohamed Al Fayed has had; Reaction of Kydd to Al Fayed.