- Business owners fume over Ikea plans. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;08/02/99, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the antagonism of business owners over the move of Queen City officials to locate an Ikea store in Westchester County, New York. Lack of consideration for the existing business in the area; Use of eminent domain to force owners to sell their properties; Opening of Ikea in Westchester...
- Retail Briefs. // Home Textiles Today;4/21/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p2
The article offers news briefs related to home textile in the U.S. Lord and Taylor LLC named Roger Adams to the newly created position of senior vice president and chief marketing officer. The first Ikea AB store in New York City, a 346,000- square-foot unit in the Red Hook area of Brooklyn, is...
- NY chefs cook for IKEA opening and more. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/23/95, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p14
Reports that New York City-based chefs are promoting themselves and their culinary techniques as part of a star-studded cooking event at the debut of IKEA's New York store. Chefs to be featured at the store's opening promotion.
- Furniture retailer still looking for home in county. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p7
No abstract available.
- Ikea expansion. // Housewares;Apr94, Issue 107, p6
Reports on the announcement by Ikea that it has plans to open five more stores by 1999. Locations at Leeds, southwest London, and east London; Scotland as possible location for two others; Size of the stores.
- Ikea scouting. // Crain's New York Business;6/13/94, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p59
Reports that Ikea is planning to open a type of retail outlet in Manhattan, New York. Physical description of the outlet.
- Ikea format. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/2/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 84, p23
Reports on Ikea's opening of a store with a new format in Manhattan, New York City.
- Ikea plans new stores. // Housewares;Mar95, Issue 116, p4
Reports that furniture and housewares retailer Ikea has applied to build a store at West Thurrock in east London, England.
- St Luke's pulls Ikea `downsizer' ad. Beale, Claire // Campaign;03/06/98, Issue 10, p10
Presents information on the pulling of a commercial for Ikea company after it received hundreds of complaint. Information on advertisement; Reason that people complained about the commercial; Mention of other commercials that received complaints.