Selfridges on record high after recent low
- Measuring Damages in Commercial Litigation: Present Value of Lost Opportunities. Lanzillotti, R. F.; Esquibel, A. K. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Winter90, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p125
This article sets forth a framework for determining the present value of a plaintiff's damage award. A commercial lawsuit is essentially a claim by the plaintiff that if not for the wrongful act of the defendant, plaintiff's business would have performed better than it actually did, that is, a...
- EGI Financial Holdings sees 2007 profits slip. // Canadian Underwriter;Mar2008, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the decline in the corporate profits of EGI Financial Holdings Inc. for the fiscal year 2007 by 11.3% compared to 2006 figures. EGI says underwriting income decreased 31.2% for 2007 compared to Cdn$14.5 million in 2006. According to the company's statement, the primary...
- Calculating fraud damage awards. Bjorklund, Paul R.; Chang, Stanley Y. // CPA Journal;Apr94, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p74
Presents guidelines for calculating fraud damage awards. Occurrence of a fraud loss; Two theories used in assessing fraud damages; Working with counsel in calculating fraud loss; Lost-profits calculations; Determining the damage period; Use of growth rate to incorporate the increase in earnings...
- Financial results. // Furniture/Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p51
Presents a chart depicting the sales performance of various furniture companies in the U.S. as of July 21, 2003.
- Furniture Village sees 50% jump in profits. // Cabinet Maker;05/07/99, Issue 5137, p8
Reports on the increase in pre-tax and exceptional-item profits of furniture store chain Furniture Village in 1999.
- Heal's sees 7% furniture growth. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;06/11/99, Issue 5141, p4
Reports on the sales performance of furniture maker Heal for the period ended March 27, 1999.
- Profits details. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/99, Issue 5160, p6
Reports on the decline of the pre-tax profits of Cornwell Parker, a furniture and furnishing group, in the year to July 31, 1999.
- Autumn sales uplift at Rosebys. // Cabinet Maker;10/29/99, Issue 5161, p2
Reports on the increased earnings of Rosebys' furniture business in Great Britain in the seven weeks preceding October 16, 1999.
- Second half rethink sees Courts fall. Friars // Cabinet Maker;10/29/99, Issue 5161, p5
Focuses on the decrease in the earnings expected by furniture manufacturing firm, Courts for the second half of 1999.