Put your faith in Easter
- Testing consumers' confidence. // Cabinet Maker;09/10/99, Issue 5154, p8
Focuses on the importance of consumers' confidence in the furniture industry.
- London gets confidence boost. // Cabinet Maker;6/18/2010, Issue 5692, p6
The article reports on the 11.6 percent increase of stronger consumer confidence in the furniture industry in London, England based on BRC-KPMG London Retail Sales Monitor as of May 2010.
- Consumer confidence falls again. // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2010, Issue 5694, p8
The article reports on the decline of consumer confidence in furniture industry in Great Britain in June 2010.
- Canadian retail outlook good. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;11/27/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p4
Forecasts the performance of furniture retailers in Canada in 2001. Return of consumer confidence; Sales of full-line furniture stores.
- Leader. // Cabinet Maker;6/3/2011, Issue 5740, p3
The author reflects on furniture retailers' consumer confidence index in Great Britain.
- Confidence soars in April. // Furniture/Today;5/5/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p4
Presents the Consumer Confidence Index (CCI) for the furniture industry and trade in the United States for the April 2003. Value of Expectation Index and Present Situation Index; Percentage of respondents who expressed confidence over the business condition for the same period; Forecasts on...
- Industry welcomes positive signs for manufacturing. Baum // Cabinet Maker;09/24/99, Issue 5156, p5
Reports the financial performance of household furniture manufacturing industry in Great Britain from 1995 to 1998. Trends affecting the industry; Implication of low consumer confidence; Consequence of lowered prices set by retailers; Prediction on rate of consumer spending; List of companies...
- China's economic woes overshadow encouraging U.S. news. // Furniture/Today;8/31/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 52, p2
The article reports that the increase in consumer confidence and sales of houses in the U.S. in August 2015 reflects positivity for the furniture industry, and cites reference to the Consumer Confidence Index and report of the U.S. Census Bureau and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Advice for hard times: Get up and go to work. Knell, Michael // Furniture/Today;6/16/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p24
The author advises furniture manufacturers and retailers in the U.S. and Canada to find ways to survive and grow in economically difficult times. According to Manitoba-based polling firm, Harris Decima, Canadian consumer confidence has declined to its lowest point since September 2001 and...