Iraq war is taking its toll on furniture sales
- Vegas now a hub for rugs. Wyman, Lissa // Furniture/Today;2/5/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p54
The author reports the turning of Las Vegas City as a nerve center for the sale of rugs. The opening of the World Center Building B has been responsible for the establishment of 30 regular carpet showrooms. An overview of the exclusive collections put up by the major furniture manufactures is...
- Home office traffic heavy. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;2/5/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p57
The author reports the rapid sales in home office furniture at the opening of Building B at the World Market Center in Las Vegas. An overview of the various designs in home office furniture desks is offered. Comments regarding the trading from Vanessa Martinez of Kathy Ireland Home is presented....
- Bulk sales and fraudulent transfers: A second bite at the... Blakeley, Scott // Business Credit;Jan1997, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p57
Focuses on the law surrounding bulk sales and fraudulent transfers. Description of the outcome of the Monastra versus Konica Business Machines case in California; Examination of the Bulk Sales Act and the Fraudulent Transfer act; Application of fraudulent transfer laws to bulk sales.
- Shopping big. Model, Betsy // Mother Earth News;Aug/Sept97, Issue 163, p44
Evaluates the benefits from purchasing in bulk. Number of reasons for buying in bulk; Environmental impact of bulk buying; Effect of bulk buying on recycling of containers; List of foods suitable for bulk buying.
- Emap bulks row leads to compensation calls. Mutel, Glen // Campaign (UK);11/1/2002, Issue 44, p5
Reports that the magazine, radio and television group Emap PLC had been forced to restate the circulation figures for fourteen of its titles after it was found to have infringed Audit Bureau of Circulations' rules regarding bulk sales. Decrease in circulations of various titles of Emap due to...
- Should publishers be cutting back on bulk sales? // Campaign (UK);11/1/2002, Issue 44, p10
Reports on the uncertainty about decrease in bulk sales by publishers. Reasons for publishers to give away bulks; Companies defending the use of bulk as a promotional device; Cynicism about bulks at media specialists.
- Bulk presentations raise buyer concerns. Parks, Liz // Drug Store News;10/23/95, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p29
Analyzes the advantages and disadvantages of selling uncarded merchandise or drugs and cosmetics in bulk. Costs; Necessity of halting the trend to bulk; Waste dumping due from trading in bulk.
- New age `power' buying. // National Petroleum News;Nov95, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p7
Reports that Convenience Equipment and Supplies Enterprises has surpassed its initial function of negotiating bulk discounts for convenience stores members in the United States on products and supplies. Negotiation of deals for lower credit card transaction fees for members; Pricing of leak...
- SALES, BULK TRANSFERS AND DOCUMENTS OF TITLE. Hogan, William E. // Business Lawyer;Apr65, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p697
Presents cases related to sales, bulk transfers and documents of tittle. Examples of cases concerning imposition of merchant standard; Detail of the litigation of bulk sales; Court decision over a case on document of title.