THAILAND: THE GULF PIRATES
- Trends In Immigration. // Congressional Digest;Oct89, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p229
Discusses trends in immigration as indicated by the 1988 Statistical Yearbook of the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Why amnesty failed. DeParle, J. // Washington Monthly;Apr88, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p11
As the year-long legalization program for illegal aliens draws to a close, there are hundreds of thousands of illegals too poor, confused, or afraid to capitalize on the one-time offer of amnesty. Recommendations to fix the amnesty program. INSET: Immigration and Naturalization Service offers...
- Take a number and wait. Shaw, D. // Washington Monthly;Sep89, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p28
Account of an illegal immigrant's experience in obtaining US citizenship under the amnesty program.
- Deportations curbed. // Christian Century;3/13/91, Vol. 108 Issue 9, p288
Reports on the out-of-court settlement of a lawsuit brought by American Baptist Churches against the US Justice Department's Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). Violation of Refugee Act of 1980; Central American refugees; Settlement terms.
- Spying in churches: The state vs. the First Amendment. Lutz, C.P. // Christian Century;6/26/91, Vol. 108 Issue 20, p650
Covers the ongoing controversy over the case involving four congregations in Arizona which were infiltrated by US undercover agents working for the Immigration and Naturalization Service. Filing of a civil suit against the US government in January of 1986; Summary of the suit's progress from...
- Counting illegal aliens. // American Enterprise;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p97
Presents a summary of the report `Fiscal Impacts of Undocumented Aliens: Selected Estimates for Seven States,' by Rebecca L. Clark, and others. Statistics on the number of illegal aliens; Estimates by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS); Flaws of the INS estimates.
- Opening doors for immigrants. Szabo, J.C. // Nation's Business;Aug89, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p48
Examines American businesses' push for immigration-law changes that will ease entry to the US for over 100,000 employer-sponsored immigrants. Increasing demand for highly skilled foreign workers; Current immigration quota system seen as outdated and unresponsive to business needs; Congressional...
- Maybe we should look to the private sector to police our borders since the INS has proven itself incompetent. Chavez, Linda // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/25/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p21
Discusses the performance of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) in the U.S. Mishandling of student visas; Bureaucratic response of INS to the problem of foreign visitors; Computer system used by INS.
- INS raids 2 Chicago molders. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;3/9/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p4
Presents information on the arrest of illegal aliens from Mexico, by federal immigration agents, during raids at two Chicago, Illinois-based molders. Information on the raids; Details on the number of people arrested by the Immigration and Naturalization Service officers in the February 25th...