- North Korea threatens to attack South Korea over routine drills. Kim, Hyung-jin // Christian Science Monitor;2/19/2012, pN.PAG
North Korea will launch "merciless" strikes if South Korea goes through with planned live-fire drills near their disputed sea border, a North Korean officer said Sunday, amid persistent tension on the divided peninsula.
- N. Korea:. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/7/2012, pA02
N. Korea:ï¿½ ï¿½Troops carried out live-fire drills near the disputed sea boundary with S. Korea in retaliation for the South's joint military exercises with the U.S. The U.S. is set to meet with N. Korean envoys in Beijing on Wed. to discuss a pact reached last week.
- South Koreans see North Korea's restraint as calculated. Kay, Bryan // Christian Science Monitor;12/20/2010, pN.PAG
North Korea Monday failed to follow through on its pointed threats to deliver a double dose of retaliation after the South carried out a live-fire artillery drill near the disputed sea border between the two states.
- N. Korea constructing hovercraft base, preparing seaborne infiltration exercises. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;3/16/2011, p12
The article reports on the plans of North Korea to resume seaborne infiltration drills near the disputed western maritime border. It also reports on Kim Kwan-Jin, Defense Minister of South Korea, expressing concerns over the construction of a new hovercraft base by North Korea near the maritime...
- South Korea: Seeking Reunification by Live Fire? Feffer, John // Foreign Policy in Focus;12/20/2010, p1
A blog from journalist John Fetter commenting on the live-fire artillery drills by South Korea in contested waters near North Korea which it claims is part of its efforts to seek reunification is discussed.
- N. Korea deploys attack helicopters near sea border with South. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;7/25/2012, p7
The article reports that North Korea has deployed dozens of attack helicopters at Taetan and Nuchon air bases near a disputed western maritime border with South Korea. According to military officials, the helicopters along with earlier deployed troop-carrying hovercraft, will prepare the...
- East-Asia-Intel.com: China answers Japan's White Paper with live-fire drill near Senkakus - July 10, 2013. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;7/10/2013, p1
The article reports on the live-fire military drill along the southeast coast of China. The military exercise is considered as the country's response to the 2013 Defense White Paper issued by Japan identifying the country and North Korea as major regional challenges to the security of Japan. The...
- North Korea issues threat over Yellow Sea navy drills. Bo Wilson // Evening Standard;5/ 7/2013, p27
NORTH Korea today threatened the US and South Korea over joint naval drills taking place this week in the disputed waters of the Yellow Sea.
- Japanese public invited to major live-fire military exercise near Mt. Fuji. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;8/28/2013, p9
The article presents information on the live-fire military exercise conducted by the Japanese Self Defense Forces new Mount Fuji. It states that Japan's main motive behind this military drill is to regain the island lost to the enemy nation. The drill involved ground, air and sea forces that...