- Gun control needs a rethink. van Schalkwyk, Marthius // Finance Week;09/03/99, p23
Reports on gun control in South Africa. Right of regulated, responsible weapon ownership; Provisions of the Arms and Ammunition Control Bill of 1999; Facts on gun ownership.
- ...And ask questions later. Laskas, Jeanne Marie // Redbook;Sep94, Vol. 183 Issue 5, p91
Advocates guns control in the United States. Author's experience while buying a gun; Reasons for owning a gun; Availability of guns in the United States; Federal requirements in gun ownership; Statistics of violent deaths in the United States caused by guns; Choices of bullets; Lifestyle...
- Too many guns? Or too few? Morganthau, Tom; Shenitz, Bruce // Newsweek;8/15/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 7, p44
Examines the continuing debate over possession of firearms in the United States and discovers a new contrarianism about guns. The 80 million US gun owners; The Brady Law of 1993; The crime bill of 1994; Gun control bill co-sponsored by Rep. Charles Schumer (N.Y.) and Sen. Bill Bradley (N.J.);...
- Most criminals fear to tread where gun ownership is high. Williams, Walter E. // Human Events;7/28/95, Vol. 51 Issue 29, p20
Focuses on the gun control arguments of liberals in the United States. T. Marcus Funk's article on gun control; Danger posed by gun control on the law-abiding; Constitutional right to bear arms.
- Trigger-happy South Africa aims to curb a love of guns. O'Loughlin, Ed // Christian Science Monitor;12/23/97, Vol. 90 Issue 20, p1
Reports on gun ownership in South Africa. The number of South Africans killed annually by guns; Number of South Africans licensed to carry a gun; The belief by police that every legal gun has an illegal counterpart; Crimes that guns were involved in during 1997; Theft of firearms; The status of...
- LETTERS TO EDITOR. Jones, Charlene Elizabeth // Tennessee Tribune;11/7/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p4A
A letter to the editor is presented concerning universal background check (UBC) for ownership of gun.
- Don't shoot at what you can't see. Younts, Clint // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/3/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 26, p5A
The article discusses gun control and ownership.
- PRIVATE GUNS, PUBLIC RECORDS. Gebhardt, Bear Jack // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun2000, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the reaction of gun lobbyists and politicians in Colorado to the activity of a journalist publishing the names of people given permit to carry concealed guns. Journalist's reason for publishing the names of the people with permits to carry guns; Effect of the publication to gun owners.
- Shooters aren't sexy. Squires, Peter // New Statesman;9/27/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4303, p12
Comments on the Cullen report on the Dunblane massacre and its implications for the contested issue of gun control and ownership of handguns in Great Britain. Recommendations of the report regarding handguns; Need for gun control initiatives to be accompanied by an assault on the pervasive gun...