Still key issue in retirement
- Norma's conquest. Wickenden, Tony // Money Marketing;8/7/2003, p32
Looks at tax planning for couples aged 65 or over in Great Britain. Allowable total income to gain full benefit of higher allowance; Transfer of income-producing assets to the lower taxpaying spouse; Tax-free income produced by independent savings accounts.
- Tax awareness. // Ophthalmology Times;2/1/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p38
The article focuses on the significance of careful tax planning in establishing a realistic retirement income in the U.S.
- End of Tax Season Doesn't Mean It's Time to Forget About Taxes. Winter, James // State Journal (WV);4/27/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p27
The author discusses the key factors that should be taken into account by individuals for proper tax planning including taking advantage of employee benefit plans and retirement savings plans at work, and considering the impacts of social security and retirement income on tax liability.
- Use it or lose it. Morrison, Mike // Money Marketing;2/8/2007, p64
The article discusses the computation of a registered pension scheme to all levels of pension contributions in Great Britain. The new scheme would give maximum amount of tax relief to payers in relation to the annual allowance set by Her Majesty's Treasury. Under the new scheme, an annual...
- The wrapper of choice. Carroll, Phil // Money Marketing;11/17/2011, p56
The article focuses on the role of different pension wrappers in providing alternative streams of income at retirement and the taxation of the wrappers' underlying funds in Great Britain. It is said that retirement income can be provided in many forms including Isas, collectives, bonds and...
- What Is the RMD Waiver Worth? Kitces, Michael // Bank Investment Consultant;Apr2009, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p21
The article discusses the value of the required minimum distributions (RMD) waiver under the Worker, Retiree and Employer Recovery Act of 2008. It is intended to provide relief for clients who had to calculate their RMD based on year-end 2007 account balance. The RMD main economic value is not...
- Defined benefit plans popular for 45+ crowd. Grande, John J.; Grande, Traudy F. // Ophthalmology Times;12/1/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p14
This article discusses various issues related to the pension plan, defined benefit plan, in relation to costs versus tax saving. Often referred to as the traditional pension plan, a defined benefit plan provides a guaranteed retirement benefit for each participant. This retirement benefit is...
- Planners Have A Fiduciary Obligation To Recommend LTC Insurance. Gordon, Harley // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/6/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 32, p17
Discusses the obligation of tax planners to divulge investment options for continuing obligations and long-term care to retirees. Management of retirement income; Details of Medicare payments; Views on long-term care insurance.
- PENSION EDGE: MICHAEL FAIRWEATHER. Fairweather, Michael // Money Marketing;8/26/2004, p2
A self-invested personal pension gives a much greater choice of investments than can normally be offered by a packaged pension. A Sipp separates the role of pension provider and investment provider, allowing one to take personal control of the investment of a person's fund. Just like personal...