Alternative research perspectives: A response to Waldron
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E.; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Winter90, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p61
Presents an abstract of the study `Lip Movement in Apraxia of Speech,' by D.A. Roben, C. Bean and J.W. Folkins, published in the `Journal of Speech and Hearing Research' in 1989.
- Dual copy number variants involving 16p11 and 6q22 in a case of childhood apraxia of speech and pervasive developmental disorder. Newbury, Dianne F; Mari, Francesca; Sadighi Akha, Elham; MacDermot, Kay D; Canitano, Roberto; Monaco, Anthony P; Taylor, Jenny C; Renieri, Alessandra; Fisher, Simon E; Knight, Samantha J L // European Journal of Human Genetics;Apr2013, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p361
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Childhood apraxia of speech (CAS) in two patients with 16p11.2 microdeletion syndrome" in the August 22, 2012 issue.
- Developmental apraxia of speech: I. Descriptive and theoretical perspectives. Shriberg, Lawrence D.; Aram, Dorothy M. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Apr1997, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p273
Part I. Reviews relevant descriptive and theoretical perspectives of the developmental apraxia of speech. Phonology; Language disorders in children; Diagnostic features; Perceptual-memorial processes; Transformational processes.
- Developmental apraxia of speech: II. Toward a diagnostic marker. Shriberg, Lawrence D.; Aram, Dorothy M. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Apr1997, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p286
Part II. Presents two studies which aimed to determine if a diagnostic marker for developmental apraxia of speech (DAS) can be identified in two samples of children with suspected DAS. Assessment of the level of support for alternative hypotheses about the nature and origin of DAS; Consistency...
- Comments regarding the investigation of developmental... Waldron, Claire M. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug1998, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p958
Comments on the article about the investigation of developmental apraxia of speech and the authors' goal of identifying either single or unitary diagnostic marker for Developmental Apraxia of Speech based on speech error profiles or a potential phenotype maker. Flaw in subject selection;...
- Speech timing in apraxia of speech versus conduction aphasia. Seddoh, Samuel A.K.; Robin, Donald A. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Jun96, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p590
Examines the temporal parameters of speech in subjects with apraxia of speech, conduction aphasia and normal speech. Speech materials; Mean group duration; Voice onset time; Second format transition duration; Vowel steady state duration; Consonant-vowel duration; Token-to-token variability.
- Effects of length and linguistic complexity on temporal acoustic measures in apraxia of speech. Strand, Edythe A.; McNeil, Malcolm R. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Oct96, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p1018
Examines the effects of varying length and linguistic utterance types on temporal acoustic characteristics of apraxic speakers. Acoustic analysis; Temporal acoustic measures; Vowel duration; Verbal apraxia.
- Let's Talk. Paul-Brown, Diane; Clausen, Roseanne // ASHA;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p67
Focuses on developmental apraxia of speech. How the problem is thought to arise from; What this means for the child; How to get help; How the child will be assessed; What the treatment program will consist of; Resources for parents.
- Apraxia of Speech: Resources. // ASHA Leader;4/26/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p25
An online recap of the website www.asha.org on the subject of apraxia of speech is presented, which includes the report "Childhood Apraxia of Speech", the article "Getting Plans to Pay for Pediatric Verbal Apraxia," and the consumer information on speech apraxia in adults.