Criteria for SLI: The Sstark and Tallal legacy and beyond
- How to think in high style. Innerst, Carol // Insight on the News;02/23/98, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p42
States that according to Robert J. Sternberg, a psychologist at Yale, intelligence quotient (IQ) measures only a fraction of an individual's intellectual abilities. Reference to the book `Thinking Styles'; Factors which attributes to success of a person in school or at work; Detailed...
- How's your political I.Q.? // Human Events;1/19/96, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p10
Presents questions and answers to test one's political intelligence quotient.
- Urban vs rural residence and IQ. Alexopoulos, Demetrios S. // Psychological Reports;Jun97 Part 1, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p851
States that in a stratified random sample used for the standardization of AH4, by A.W. Heim, for the age range from 13 to 18 years in Greece, the difference in the Intelligence Quotient (IQ) between urban and rural children was examined. Differences between the rural and urban IQs; IQs of both...
- WAIS-III and WISC-II IQ gains in the United States from 1972 to 1995: How to compensate for... Flynn, James R. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun98 Part 1, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p1231
Compares the WISC-III and the WISC-III intelligence quotient (IQ) gains, in the United States for the period of 1972 to 1995. Calculation of the WAIS-III estimate; Selection of the Psychological Corp's standardization samples to renorm Wechsler IQ tests; Compensating for obsolete norms.
- The bell curve, IQ, and assessment testing. Snell, Joel C. // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Dec96, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p305
Discusses academic assessment in public schools, and the issue of intelligence quotient (IQ) testing. IQ seen as a variable which should be considered for successful outcomes in academia.
- Faster than a speeding brain. McCrone, Jon // New Scientist;4/20/96, Vol. 150 Issue 2026, p44
Discusses the possibility of speeding the brain's decision cycles. Intelligence level as a matter of high-level skills; Biological component of intelligence; Link between intelligence and nerve conduction speed or perceptual efficiency; Role of time-pressured training in intelligence levels.
- DON'T BELIEVE THIS! HARGROVE, MARGARET // Parenting Early Years;Apr2013, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p30
The article discusses the wrong perception of people on fluoride, which believes that it can lower the intelligence level (IQ) of child.
- SHOW WHAT YOU KNOW. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;9/6/2004, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p8
Presents an intelligence quotient quiz for children, based on the articles featured in the September 2004 issue of the periodical "Scholastic News."
- Do you have an entrepreneur's IQ? Naude, Colleen // Finance Week;03/16/2001, p32
Discusses the link between intelligence quotient and entrepreneurship. Speculations on how businessmen cull product ideas that succeed in the market; Key factors of an entrepreneur's success; Web sites offering tests to assess one's entrepreneurial IQ. INSET: LEMONADE STAND..