PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- People. // Publishers Weekly;11/28/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 47, p9
The article presents updates on career developments involving editors and publishing executives in the U.S. Deborah Cannarella has been named executive editor at Quayside Publishing. Margaret Milnes has been promoted from director of book publishing to vice president of book publishing for...
- Books on Target. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;11/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 47, p23
Focuses on the niche marketing and special sales campaigns of publishers in the United States as of November 19, 2001. Marketing efforts of Candlewick for the book 'It's Perfectly Normal,' and 'It's So Amazing,' by Robie Harris; Publicity campaign for 'Seek,' by Paul Fleischman; Target marketing...
- 'We Have to Try and Reach Readers Directly.' Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;1/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the views of Judith Curr, manager of Atria and Washington Square Press imprints at Simon & Schuster, about marketing books in the U.S. Factors that need to be considered in book promotion; Significance of incorporating cultural diversity in book marketing; Ways to improve reading...
- Penguin Brings Flood on Board. Bean, Joy // Publishers Weekly;4/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 16, p16
Reports the appointment of Eloise Flood as senior vice president and publisher of a yet unnamed imprint at Penguin Young Readers Group on April 28, 2003. Background on Flood's career in publishing; Information on the imprint.
- Other Moves. // Brandweek;6/11/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p36
The article discusses various appointments, promotions, and retirements in the marketing and advertising industry.
- PEOPLE NEWS. // MMR;10/29/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p125
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to the professionals in retail industry as of October 2012 including the promotion of Bill Laros, a senior consultant at Tabs Group Inc., appointment of Jean Mortier as the president of the Coty Inc.'s Prestige business and the appointment of Jonathan...
- NFT sponsors new Surfaces pavilions. // National Floor Trends;Nov2007, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p48
This article announces that "National Floor Trends" and its sister magazines will be the exclusive sponsors of three new exhibit pavilions at Surfaces 2008. The specialty products pavilions are aimed at helping attendees sort out the latest decorative concrete and hand-crafted tile products,...
- Flood to Head Kids' Paperbacks. // Publishers Weekly;10/7/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the appointment of Eloise Flood as vice president and publisher of the paperback division of Simon & Schuster's children's publishing division. Responsibilities of Flood in relation to the appointment.
- Flood Leaves S&S Kids. // Publishers Weekly;4/14/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 15, p16
Reports on the resignation of Eloise Flood as paperback publisher of Simon & Schuster in April 2003. Effect of the company's reorganization on Flood.