IN THE LOOP
- Amazon's evolutionary partnerships come with valuable dot-com lessons. Davis, Jessica // InfoWorld;04/16/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p104
Reports on a strategic alliance formed by Amazon.com Inc. with Borders. Implication of the improvement in the first quarter 2001 earnings of Amazon; Approach used by Amazon to improve its financial status.
- Borders Group Sets Sights High for 2005. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the outlook of Borders Group for its bookselling business in the U.S., as of February 2005. Plans of the company for the opening of superstores and international stores; Forecast on the revenue of the company in 2005; Advantages of the remodeling program undertaken by the company for...
- Bookselling's online jungle: Borders dares Amazon, B&N. Sacharow, Anya; Warner, Bernhard // Adweek Eastern Edition;4/27/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p24
Reports on Borders Books & Music's plans to launch an online operation to sell books, music and videos in the United States. Product inventory of the site; Reaction of affiliate bookselling partners on Borders' arrival on the Internet; Borders' probable competitors in the online book market.
- Borders Group warns of lower earnings for 1998. // Crain's Detroit Business;02/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the decrease in corporate profits for 1998 expected by Borders Group Inc.
- Borders projects lower profits. // Crain's Detroit Business;01/08/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p2
Reports on Michigan-based Borders Group Inc.'s earnings for the quarter ending January 28, 2001.
- Borders Group says U.S. superstore sales rose 20%. Millikan, Tom; Easley, Nikita // Crain's Detroit Business;03/20/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
Reports that Ann Arbor, Michigan-based Borders Group has announced that sales at United States superstores rose 20 percent in fiscal 2000.
- Borders Fourth Qtr. Will Be Below Projections. // Publishers Weekly;1/11/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p11
Reports the earnings per share for the fourth quarter ended January 29, 1999 of Borders Group company. Projected earnings of the company over fiscal 1998.
- Borders Has Earnings Gain. // Publishers Weekly;3/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 11, p9
Presents updates on U.S. firm Borders Group as March 17, 2003. Net income for the fiscal year that ended January 26, 2003; Number of domestic stores to be opened in 2003; Outlook of the company for 2003.
- BORDERS GROUP Q4 PROFIT UP $31 MILLION. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;4/5/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the rise of the profit posted by Borders Group in the fourth quarter of 2009 by 31 million U.S. dollars from 28.9 million dollars to 59.9 million.