Lip EMG activity during vowel production in apraxia of
- Effects of treatment for sound errors in apraxia of speech... Wambaugh, Julie L.; Kalinyak-Fliszar, Michelene M.; West, Joan E.; Doyle, Patrick J. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug1998, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p725
Presents information on the study which examines the acquisition, generalization, and maintenance effects of a treatment for sound errors in speakers with co-occurring apraxia of speech and aphasia. Experimental stimuli; Acquisition and generalization items; Stimulus generalization.
- Concurrent validity of the Kaufman hand movement test as a measure of limb apraxia. Neman, Michael R.; Duffy, Robert J. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Dec94, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p1279
Investigates the validity of the Kaufman Hand Movement Test as a measure of limb apraxia. Comparison from Limb Apraxia Test; Administration of the tests; Battery of tasks required by the tests; Purpose and evaluation of the test.
- Dyspraxia and apraxia. Bishop, Paul; Williams, Trevor; Poole, J.L.; Gallagher, J.; Janosky, J.; Qualls, C. // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Apr1998, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p192
Discusses a 1997 study entitled `The Mechanisms for Adult-onset Apraxia and Developmental Dyspraxia: An Examination and Comparison of Error Patterns,' which appeared in `The American Journal of Occupational Therapy.' Definitions for praxis and dyspraxia; Groups of persons who were studied.
- Girls with dyspraxia 'sliding under radar'. // British Journal of School Nursing;Nov2015, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p424
The article reports on the study conducted by the nonprofit organization Dyspraxia Foundation on the disorder known as dyspraxia among students in Great Britain. Topics discussed include a brief description of the disorder, an assessment on the results obtained in the study, and the opinion of...
- Babbling, Chewing, and Sucking: Oromandibular Coordination at 9 Months. Steeve, Roger W.; Moore, Christopher A.; Green, Jordan R.; Reilly, Kevin J.; McMurtrey, Jacki Ruark // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Dec2008, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p1390
Purpose: The ontogeny of mandibular control is important for understanding the general neurophysiologic development for speech and alimentary behaviors. Prior investigations suggest that mandibular control is organized distinctively across speech and nonspeech tasks in 15-month-olds and adults...
- SPEECH DIFFICULTIES AND POOR SPEECH INTELLIGIBILITY IN ADULTS WITH DOWN SYNDROME: A REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE. Coppens-Hofman, Marjolein C.; Maassen, Ben A. M.; van Schrojenstein Lantman-de VaLk, Henny M. J.; Snik, Ad F. M. // Journal of Hearing Science;Mar2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p9
Background: This review gives an overview of studies on speech difficulties in adults with Down syndrome to identify causes and major determinants of poor speech intelligibility for this group and to suggest areas requiring further research. Material and Methods: Exactly 39 published articles...
- The Influence of Stuttering Severity on Acoustic Startle Responses. Ellis, John B.; Finan, Donald S.; Ramig, Peter R. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug2008, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p836
Purpose: This study examined the potential impact of stuttering severity, as measured by the Perceptions of Stuttering Inventory (Woolf, 1967) on acoustic startle responses. Method: Three groups, consisting of 10 nonstuttering adults, 9 mild stutterering adults, and 11 moderate/severe...
- A ELETROMIOGRAFIA DE SUPERFÃCIE NOS PERIÃ“DICOS NACIONAIS EM FONOAUDIOLOGIA. de Araújo Pernambuco, Leandro; da Cunha, Renata Andrade; Lins, Otávio; Leão, Jair Carneiro; da Silva, Hilton Justino // Revista CEFAC;2010, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p1
Theme: surface electromyography in national journals in Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences. Purpose: to characterize the approach of surface electromyography in national journals in Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences. Conclusions: there are few studies about the surface electromyography in...
- Effect of upper costal and costo-diaphragmatic breathing types on electromyographic activity of respiratory muscles. Celhay, Isabel; Cordova, Rosa; Miralles, Rodolfo; Meza, Francisco; Erices, Pia; Barrientos, Camilo; Valenzuela, Saúl // CRANIO: The Journal of Craniomandibular & Sleep Practice;May2015, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p100
Aim: To compare electromyographic (EMG) activity in young-adult subjects with different breathing types. Methodology: This study included 50 healthy male subjects with complete natural dentition, and no history of orofacial pain or craniomandibular-cervical-spinal disorders. Subjects were...