Effects of treatment for sound errors in apraxia of speech
- Lip EMG activity during vowel production in apraxia of... Hough, Monica Strauss; Klich, Richard J. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug1998, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p786
Presents information on the study which examines the timing relationship of electromyography (EMG) activity underlying vowel production in normal individuals and in individuals with marked-to-severe apraxia of speech. Experimental procedures; Analysis of data; Discussion on the results.
- Motor performance in aphasia and ideomotor apraxia. Motomura, Naoyasu // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Oct94, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p719
Compares the motor performance of patients with ideomotor apraxia and aphasia without such apraxia to normal controls. Characteristic matching among groups; Use of Schoppe's motor performance tests; Consistency with Leipmann's theory on ideomotor apraxia.
- Speech timing in apraxia of speech versus conduction aphasia. Seddoh, Samuel A.K.; Robin, Donald A. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Jun96, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p590
Examines the temporal parameters of speech in subjects with apraxia of speech, conduction aphasia and normal speech. Speech materials; Mean group duration; Voice onset time; Second format transition duration; Vowel steady state duration; Consonant-vowel duration; Token-to-token variability.
- Presence, completeness, and accuracy of main concepts in the connected speech of non-brain-damaged.. Nicholas, Linda E.; Brookshire, Robert H. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Feb95, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p145
Evaluates the presence, accuracy and completeness of main concepts in the connected speech of 20 non-brain-damaged adults and 20 adults with aphasia. Main concepts from a skeletal outline; Interjudge and intrajudge reliability of the main concept scoring system and test-retest reliability of...
- Apraxic agraphia: An insight into the writing disturbances of posterior aphasias. Krishnan, Gopee; Rao, Soorya Narayana; Rajashekar, Bellur // Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology;Apr2009, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p120
Background: Reading and writing disturbances are common accompaniments of aphasia following brain damage. However, impaired writing in the absence of apparent primary linguistic disturbances is infrequently reported in the literature. Materials and Methods: A 67-year-old right-handed subject...
- THE ACOUSTIC AND PHYSIOLOGIC CHARACTERISTICS OF NEUROLOGICALLY IMPAIRED SPEECH MOVEMENTS. Kent, R. D. // Speech Production & Speech Modelling;1990, p365
The study of neurologic disorders of spoken language is of course important to the improvement of clinical services for those with communicative impairments. But, in addition, the study of these disorders complements the study of normal speech to reach an understanding of the neural regulation...
- Electromagnetic Articulography Treatment for an Adult With Broca's Aphasia and Apraxia of Speech. Katz, William F.; Bharadwaj, Sneha V.; Carstens, Burkhard // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Dec1999, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p1355
Presents a study which explored electromagnetic articulography as a means of remediating articulation deficits in the speech of an adult with Broca's aphasia and apraxia of speech. Methodology; Results; Conclusions.
- Apraxia of speech diagnosis: opening the can of worms. Hunt, Jon // Speech & Language Therapy in Practice;Winter2011, p16
The article reports the need for clarity on the diagnosis of apraxia of speech as well as on how it is to be tackled by speech and language therapists, which is essential to ensure proper treatment.
- Melodic Intonation Therapy — terapia wspierajÄ…ca leczenie selektywnego mutyzmu — opis przypadku. Pastuszek-Lipińska, Barbara Elżbieta; Brzostek, Aleksandra; Kamińska-Kolarz, Barbara // Neuropsychiatry & Neuropsychology / Neuropsychiatria i Neuropsyc;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p77
Melodic Intonation Therapy (MIT) is going through a renaissance. The method is being tested in cases of post-stroke aphasia, apraxia and various speech disorders. The study examining the effectiveness of the method concerned a girl suffering from selective mutism (SM). The training caused a...