- Tomorrow. // Saturday Evening Post;3/8/1941, Vol. 213 Issue 36, p24
Reflects on the possible social and economic difficulties of demobilization in the U.S. due to war. Overview of ways to cushion the shock of demobilization in the country; Effect of war on the national income; Significance of social security as a substitute for the uncertain ways of individual...
- THE PRICE TAG ON VICTORY. Paxton, Harry T. // Saturday Evening Post;12/19/1942, Vol. 215 Issue 25, p22
The article focuses on war savings. The pay-roll-deduction method of buying War bonds has spread since the attack of Pearl Harbor in December 1941. War savings has increased in Great Britain and Canada as of 1942. A joint committee is involved in establishing pay-roll-savings plans.
- ON AND OFF THE AVENUE. . // New Yorker;5/7/1966, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p136
The article offers information on issues related to war and art. It has been claimed the a nuclear war would increase the premium of investments in the U.S. A musical festival will be presented featuring the works of Russian composer Igor Stravinsky including the "Pulcinella" and "Pribaotki."
- Order out of anarchy: The international law of war. Anderson, Gary M.; Gifford Jr., Adam // CATO Journal;Spring/Summer95, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p25
Explores the international constitution as it deals with war. International law as a result of interactions among governments which is not a governmentally provided public good; Constraints on the behavior of nations at war; Influence of technological changes on war.
- THE POST WAR HIGH. Powers, William // National Journal;4/19/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p1242
Analyzes the front page of the April 9, 2003 issue of 'The Washington Post' newspaper. Information on the reporters of the newspaper who were sent to cover the U.S. war on Iraq; Main false note of the newspaper.
- Iraq. // National Journal;4/19/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p1243
Presents the finding of some surveys related to the U.S.-led war against Iraq, in April 2003. Percentage of Americans who think Saddam Hussein is still alive and well; Percentage of respondents who supported rebuilding efforts by the Americans and British; Percentage of respondents who said...
- Upfront QUIZ 2. // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);3/7/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 11, pT6
Presents a quiz related to the war with Iraq.
- UPFRONT QUIZ SHOW. // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);3/7/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 11, pT7
Presents a quiz related to war and other topics.
- Upfront QUIZ 1. // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);4/18/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 13, pT5
Presents a quiz on an article about the U.S.-led war in Iraq, published on the April 18, 2003 issue of journal 'The New York Times Upfront.'