World of Stamps: United Arab Emirates: Fujeira
Tags: POSTAGE stamps
- Fact File: POST & TELEPHONE SERVICES. // Italian Lakes: (Landmark Visitors Guide;2002 3rd Edition, p221
Stamps are sold at both post offices and tobacconists in Italy. Post Offices are normally open from 8.30 am-1 PM and from 3.30 PM-7.30 PM. Some in large towns remain open until 7 PM.
- Stamps & coins. Csatari, J. // Boys' Life;Jul90, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p57
Reports on new commemorative stamps designed to look like movie posters. Some of these include: Judy Garland and Toto from `The Wizard of Oz' and John Wayne from `Stagecoach.'
- Stamp-sized love with every letter. Charleston, Barbara // Christian Science Monitor;7/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 170, p16
Describes author's experiences in sending love stamps to various persons and organizations.
- Stamping out wildflowers. Harper, D.A.S. // Horticulture;Oct92, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p19
Offers panes of 50 wildflower stamps, produced by the United States Postal Service in conjunction with the National Wildflower Research Center in Austin, Texas. Images painted by Karen Mallery; Names and addresses for ordering information.
- W.E.B. DuBois honored on Black Heritage stamp. // Jet;12/30/91 - 1/6/92, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the US Postal Service's Black Heritage Series, started in 1978, which will honor one of the NAACP founders, educator Dr. W.E.B. Dubois. Unveiling ceremony; DuBois' career; Denouncement when he joined the Communist Party; Mint set to bereleased during 1992 celebration of Black History...
- Stamp called anti-Semitic. // National Catholic Reporter;04/25/97, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p10
Focuses on the criticisms against a Vatican stamp shown as being anti-Semitic. Portrayal of Jesus preaching to a group of Jews.
- Ready for takeoff: Space exploration stamps launch stamp collecting month. // Odyssey;Dec91, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p34
Features the ten commemorative space exploration stamps released as the focus of the 11th Annual National Stamp Collecting Month. Design by first-time stamp artist Ron Miller; How they reflect the national campaign's theme `Journey to a New Frontier...Collect Stamps.'
- Space stamps celebrate U.S.-Soviet accomplishments. // Odyssey;Nov92, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p31
Announces the release of a block of four commemorative postage stamps featuring important achievements in space exploration over the past 35 years. How space artists Robert T. McCall, an American, and Vladimir Beilin, from Moscow, worked together to design the stamps; Historic events depicted.
- Stamp honors reading. // Reading Today;Oct/Nov92, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p24
Announces that on August 27, 1992, a Danish commemorative stamp was issued in honor of the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the first Danish parents' association for disabled readers. Translation of the stamp; `Reading disabled.'
- New Universal Machins from Britain. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;3/21/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 12, p12
Provides information on the Universal Machins airmail stamps to be launched by the British Royal Mail in March 2003.