San Jose, Calif., Planning $2.7 Billion Renovation for Mineta Airport
- Gatwick to lose Pittsburgh link? // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/20/2004, Issue 2628, p13
A question mark hangs over the future of Gatwick airport's Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, service as US Airways prepares another cost cutting programme. The airline will stop flying the seasonal route at the end of October 2004, but it is unclear whether it will be revived next year as the airline...
- Taking Off? Cavalier, Emily // Business NH Magazine;Aug2006, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p36
The article focuses on the move by New Hampshire airports to try new routes in order to succeed. Due to the rising fuel costs and constant bankruptcy threats, airlines can make profit by flying from New York City to Boston rather than a route to Manchester. Thus, in an effort to educate...
- SARS, Other Woes Push Fitch to Lower Miami Airport. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/30/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31625, p3
A combination of American Airlines' financial woes, the war in Iraq, and a widespread disease have combined to drive Fitch Ratings to decline the debt of Miami International Airport. The decline to A from A-plus, affects 2.6 billion dollars of outstanding debt issued by Miami-Dade County on...
- BMI drops Leeds flight. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;7/28/2003, Issue 1678, p2
Reports on the reduction of the flight routes of BMI British Midland Airways Ltd. on Heathrow to Leeds Bradford airport routes in Great Britain from August 2003. Transfer of clients booked on the flight to one of the remaining four services of the airline.
- Making travel `seamless' is challenge for airports. Mecham, Michael // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/14/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 24, p168
Discusses the impending changes to the airports of the 21st century. Projected airline passenger growth; Reduction of waiting times on the ramp; Wider use of smart-card passenger identification technology; Improvement in information technology systems; Airport operations of Northwest Airlines;...
- Continental flight threatened by lack of reservations. Moore, Philip S. // Inside Tucson Business;9/20/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p1
Reports that the airport and local economic development officials have tried to drum up passenger traffic for the Continental Airlines flight between Tucson, Arizona and New York City. Flight linking to Tucson International Airport with Newark International Airport; Campaigns of business and...
- Missouri exempted from Wright, uncertainty prevails at D/FW. McClellan-Brandt, Sarah // Fort Worth Business Press;12/12/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p25
The article illustrates the impact of Missouri's exemption from Wright Amendment on Southwest Airlines and American Airlines. It is noted that Southwest will offer non-stop service between Dallas Love Field Airport in Texas and Saint Louis and Kansas City on December 13, 2005. The Wright...
- MIDLANDS FLIGHTS. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;8/18/2003, Issue 1681, p48
Birmingham Airport, England, will have new weekly flights to northern India and Cyprus this Winter. Starting on November 1, Flyjet will launch direct charter flights to Amritsar, a gateway to the Taj Mahal, and Helios Airways will launch a weekly flight to Paphos on November 7.
- San Francisco Airport Struggles While Others in Area Thrive. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p40
Reports on the recovery of air travel in San Francisco, California. List of problems suffered by airports; Debt issuance needs of airports; Management of debt.