Puerto Rico Charges Ahead
- Puerto Rico Agency to Sell $1.75B. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;2/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32565, p1
The article reports that the Puerto Rico Highways and Transportation Authority will sell roughly $1.75 billion of refunding and new-money revenue debt to help finance its construction program. The author offers information about the terms and conditions of the deal. The author also implies that...
- Puerto Rico's Bonding Binge Ending With a $927M Deal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p1
Reports on the sale of revenue bonds, worth millions of dollars, by the Puerto Rico Highway and Transportation Authority. Projects proposed to be financed from the proceeds of the sale; Views of executives of various rating agencies on the financial condition of the transportation authority.
- Puerto Rico Road Agency Readies Week's Biggest Sale at $2 Billion. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32220, p1
Reports on the move of Highway and Transportation Authority to deliver sale of revenue bonds in Puerto Rico. Estimation of the agency's annual budget; Determination of the state's operating budget; Details of the credit profile.
- Puerto Rico's possible statehood could affect tax-exempt status. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/24/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30337, p1
Discusses the implications of Puerto Rico's possible statehood on the $1.02 billion transportation debt issue the Puerto Rico Highway & Transportation Authority. Concerns raised by buyers over the bonds' exemption from all state income taxes when Puerto Rico becomes a state; Analysts'...
- Pa. Turnpike Set to Finish Its Refunding. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p1
Reports the completion of planned refunding by Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission. Estimation of outstanding debt in variable-rate revenue bonds; Culmination of financing plan to save 50 million dollars; Tabulation on the bond sales according to Thompson Financial Securities Data.
- Insurers Open a Legal Can of Worms for Puerto Rico. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/11/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34441, p1
Assured Guaranty Ltd. and Ambac Financial Group Inc. filed a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of Puerto Rico's revenue clawback strategy, fanning concern that a long, messy process lies ahead as the commonwealth seeks to restructure about $70 billion of public bond debt.
- Cook County, Ill., Readies $215M Refunding. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31591, p28
Reports on the preparation of Cook County, Illinois to refund its outstanding general obligation debts. Possibility of decline in municipal market prices following the possible war of U.S. with Iraq; Members of the underwriting team which is involved in refunding the debts; Ratings of the...
- In Denver, Interest Rate Valleys Enhance Mile-High Refundings. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32435, p32
The article reports that the city of Denver in Colorado will go to market on behalf of its Department of Aviation with $285 million of tax-exempt refunding debt in the second half of a deal amounting to around $460 million. The deal's initial component, a $175 million issue of Series 2006B...
- N.Y.C. Sets $1.13B Advance Refunding. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p3
Reports on the advance refunding of the general obligation debt in New York City. Increase in bond yields; Estimation of value savings from the refunding; Rate of tax-exempt bonds.