FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p31
Presents developments related to the bond market in the Far West states in the U.S. as of May 2, 2003. Ratings assigned by ratings agency Fitch Ratings Inc. to Alaska Municipal Bond Bank Authority; Sale of airport revenue bonds by Orange County in California; Approval of law by Idaho governor...
- Counties May Pay for New Schools. // Community College Week;2/27/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p16
Reports on the concerns of local government officials to the plan of Idaho Governor Dirk Kempthorne to help pay for community colleges with county money. Plan drafted by Kempthorne to create new community colleges across the state; Number of community colleges in Idaho.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p41
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of September 2002. Conduction of a feasibility study on regional cargo airport by the Imperial Valley Economic Development Corp. and Imperial Irrigation District company; Affirmation of debt rating for City of Hope National Medical Center by...
- Garvee Push Is On. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p35
The article reports that the Idaho Governor Dirk Kempthorne's proposal to issue Garvees has been introduced in the Legislature. In his January, 2005 state of the state address, Kempthorne proposed a $1.6 billion grant anticipation revenue vehicle bond program to accelerate the pace of highway...
- Fitch points to funds that failed turmoil test. Jackson, Gary // Money Marketing;9/1/2011, p9
The article reports on the study conducted by Fitch Ratings Ltd. which shows that European absolute return and flexible funds have decreased by 2.5% and 7.6% respectively over the first three weeks of August 2011.
- Unfunded Mandates Reform Act rouses applause from retailers. // Discount Store News;1/16/95, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p16
Reports that the first bill introduced in the Senate in 1995, Senator Dirk Kempthorne's Unfunded Mandates Reform Act, drew an enthusiastic endorsement from the National Retail Federation and 31 state retail associations around the United States.
- From the Hill to the statehouse. Stuart, Elaine // State Government News;Mar98, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on Senator Dirk Kempthorne of Idaho's plan of leaving the Senate to run for the gubernatorial post in Idaho. Kempthorne's management of the failed campaign of incumbent governor Phil Batt, in 1982; Kempthorne's achievements in his legislative career; Views on the role of state...
- Congressional lawmakers vote to ax unfunded mandates. // Occupational Hazards;Mar95, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p67
Reports on Senator Dirk Kempthorne's introduction of the Unfunded Mandate Reform Act in the US Congress. Passage of the bill in January 1995; Requirements of Kempthorne's bill; Democratic Party's efforts to limit the scope of the bill.
- Senate exempts heroic acts. // Occupational Hazards;Jun94, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p14
Reports on a provision amended to the National Competitiveness Act sponsored by US Senator Dirk Kempthorne (R--Idaho). Provisions of the bill; Need for approval from the US House of Representatives.