Oklahoma City Schools' Fiscal Statement 'Unreliable'
- Despite Lack of '06 Audit, Dallas-Area School District Readies Bond Vote. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;4/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32601, p5
The article reports on the plan of Lancaster Independent School District (ISD) in suburban Dallas, Texas to file its audited report for fiscal 2006 with the Texas Education Agency. The deadline for the annual reports is no later than 150 days after the end of the fiscal year, and the deadline...
- TEXAS: DISD Accepts Audit Blame. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;4/22/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32862, p9
The article reports on the admission of officials of the Dallas Independent School District of faults for the delays in filing the fiscal 2007 audit in Texas. Superintendent Michael Hinojosa pointed to improperly trained employees and problems with an accounting software system as the main...
- Charter School Snafu. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/22/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32450, p27
The article reports on the result of the independent audit of the 2004-2005 financial records of Albuquerque Municipal School District No. 12 in New Mexico. The audit found several problems concerning the district's financial operation. They include missing tax and employee eligibility forms and...
- Accounting for Accountability in the Curriculum. Green, James E. // Education Week;2/2/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p24
This article presents insights on accountability in education in the U.S. Educators have overlooked local and independent audit. Mostly, independent and certified public accountants are the ones responsible for auditing financial records of public school districts. Independent and professional...
- WHITNEY INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT STATEMENT OF REVENUES, EXPENDITURES, AND CHANGES IN FUND BALANCE GOVERNMENTAL FUNDS FOR THE YEAR ENDED AUGUST 31, 2009. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);12/23/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p4
The article presents the statement of revenues, expenditures and changes in fund balance from governmental funds of the Whitney Independent School District (ISD) for the fiscal year of August 31, 2009 in Whitney, Texas.
- HAYS CONSLIDATED INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT STATEMENT OF REVENUES, EXPENDITURES, AND CHANGES IN FUND BALANCE GOVERNMENTAL FUNDS FOR THE YEAR ENDED AUGUST 31, 2007. // Free Press (Buda, TX);2/6/2008, Vol. 104 Issue 44, p2A
The article presents the financial statement of the consolidated independent school districts in Hays County, Texas.
- ST. CHARLES R-VI SCHOOL DISTRICT STATEMENT OF REVENUES, EXPENDITURES AND CHANGES IN FUND BALANCE - MODIFIED CASH BASIS ALL GOVERNMENTAL FUNDS FOR THE YEAR ENDED June 30, 2012. // St. Charles Journal;9/26/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 39, pA3
A chart is presented that depicts St. Charles, Missouri school district's financial statement for the year ended June 30, 2012.
- AUDIT TIMELINESS OF SCHOOL DISTRICT AUDITS. Carslaw, Charles; Mason, Richard; Mills, John R. // Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management;Fall2007, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p290
We examined 36,367 school district audit results from the Federal Audit Clearinghouse data base for the five-year period from 1998 to 2002. We found that school districts have a high level of internal control and grant compliance findings. School districts are slow in filing their financial...
- Distracted lawmakers discover school funding mistake. Jacobson, Alf // New Hampshire Business Review;02/22/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p11
Comments on an audit which revealed that New Hampshire's school districts received less in state-provided school funding in 2001 than authorized in 1999 and 2000. Reason behind the mistake; Debate drawn by the issue; Recommendations from a financial analyst.