Virginia Lawmakers Fail to Override Veto of Estate Tax Repeal
- Virginia Governor Buries Estate Tax Repeal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/25/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31600, p4
Mark R. Warner, governor of Virginia, vetoed a legislation on March 24, 2003 that would have eliminated the state's estate tax, but state lawmakers may override his veto and enact the bill without his signature at a special â€œ veto session â€ next week. The tax-repeal measure, if...
- Virginia Governor Signs Tobacco Bond Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p31
Reports on the approval of a tobacco bond bill by Governor Mark R. Warner in Virginia. Authority of the state to issue tax-exempt tobacco securitization bonds; Advocacy of the late Governor James S. Gilmore for a tobacco securitization legislation; Sponsorship of the bill by Senator Charles...
- DATA Act, Scene Two: Drop the Independent Board. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;7/23/2012, p9
The article presents information on the plans of U.S. Senator Mark Warner to reintroduce federal spending transparency legislation without any provision for an independent oversight board.
- Virginia Gov. Warner Considering $225M Bond Bill for Higher Education. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p9
Reports on the approval of bill authorizing the sale of a tax-exempt general obligation bonds by the Virginia General Assembly in Virginia. Use of such bonds to finance universities and colleges facilities and construction of student housing at George Mason University; Support given to the...
- Virginia Governor Vetoes Home Schooling Measure. Zehr, Mary Ann // Education Week;6/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p24
Governor Mark R. Warner of Virginia has vetoed a bill that would have made it easier for parents with only a high school education to teach their children at home. Under current Virginia law, parents who don't have a college degree or teacher certification must meet one of several criteria in...
- Virginia Governor Poised to Sign Tax Package, Calls for Budget Amendments. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p45
Reports that Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner is scheduled on June 3, 2004, to sign into law the tax reform package that will bring in an estimated $1.6 billion in revenue through 2006, but proposed several amendments to the $60 billion balanced fiscal 2005-06 biennial budget package the General...
- Virginia Governor Signs Bills, Creates New Bonding Opportunities. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p32
Reports on the bond-related bills signed by Governor Mark R. Warner in Virginia. Additions made to the bonding package; Proposal allowing state employees to receive fiscal 2003 bonus; Increase in the outstanding grant anticipation revenue debt for highway construction.
- Senators Introduce Energy Competition Bill. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/5/2013, Vol. 249 Issue 14, p4
The article offers information on a bill introduced by Senators Mark Warner and Joe Manchin which aims to fund, create and implement an energy production competition for states.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch VIRGINIA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p31
Reports that Virginia Governor Mark Warner has outlines principles that will guide efforts to modernize tax structure of the state. Appointment of a working group to modernize the tax structure.