United Claim May Make Airline Bonds a Riskier Buy
- United Case Has Investors Poring Over Their Airline Debt. Fine, Jacob; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p48
Reports on a court ruling which requires United Airlines Inc. to only make payments on bonds as a condition of its use of facilities at the Denver International Airport, and not for bonds for facilities at three other U.S. airports. Effect of the ruling on the market for airline-backed...
- Munis Steam Ahead Despite Capacity Worries. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;11/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33412, p2
The article reports on the situation of the municipal bond market in New York which continues to hammer away at long-term tax-free bonds as dealers question whether there is sufficient capacity to absorb a bombardment of new paper.
- Montgomery County, Ohio, Plans Revenue Bonds for Hospital Buyout. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p3
Reports the sale of revenue bonds by Montgomery County, Ohio on behalf of the Kettering Medical Center. Purpose of the move; Details on the deal; Amount of bond sold; Benefit of the the move to the bondholders of the Grandview Hospital and Medical Center.
- United Adds Daily Service to Paris to its new LAX International Gateway. // Export Today's Global Business;May2000, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the daily nonstop Boeing 777 service to Europe launched by United Airlines in 2000. Effect of the Paris, France and London, England flights on the airline's operations; Comment from Stuart Oran, the airline's senior vice president; Renovation made by the airline.
- Bond Calls & Redemptions. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p20
Lists bond calls and redemptions in the United States as of November 21, 2000. California Department of Veterans Affairs' Home purchase revenue bonds, 1997 Series C; Connecticut's general obligation bonds.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p22
Highlights the results of negotiated municipal bond sales in the United States as of November 21, 2000. Idaho Housing & Finance Association's single family mortgage bonds; Minnesota Housing Finance Agency's single family mortgage bonds; Oregon Housing & Community Services Department's mortgage...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p23
Highlights the results of competitive municipal bond sales in the United States as of November 21, 2000. Florida Department of Transportation's turnpike revenue bonds; Indiana Lake Central School Corp.'s general obligation school building bonds.
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p26
Provides information pertaining to municipal bonds in the Southwestern States as of November 21, 2000. Arizona's general obligation bonds; Arkansas' state water and wastewater general obligation bonds; Colorado Regional Transit District's revenue bonds.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p29
Presents statistics on the municipal bond market in the United States as of November 21, 2000. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields; Municipal Market Data Total Returns.