TBMA Task Force Holds First Meeting on Pricing
- MIAC Gets N.Y.'s OK To Become Guarantor. Herman, Jack; Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;10/22/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32987, p1
The article reports that Municipal Infrastructure and Assurance Corp. (MIAC) is getting closer to insuring municipal bonds by gaining approval from the New York Insurance Department to act as a financial guarantor. According to Richard Kolman of MIAC, the new venture could help slow down costs...
- Municipal Bond Prices . // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p34
Provides information on how bonds are priced and evaluated daily at about 3 afternoon by several municipal bond dealer-to-dealer brokers. names of the brokers.
- MAINE: Bond Bank Does a Deal. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;3/19/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32589, p9
The article reports on the issuance of fix-rated revenue bonds in an advance refunding deal by the Maine Municipal Bond Bank in the financial services industry. Robert Lenna, bank executive director, states that the issuance is aimed at refunding bond that were sold in 2001 and 2002. Lenna...
- Munis Unchanged to Weaker on Treasury Losses. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/31/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32994, p2
The article provides updates concerning the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. on October 30, 3008. It states that municipal bonds continue to experience declined revenue and weak trading brought by the losses experienced by the Treasury Department on the said date. Information...
- Munis Finished a Touch Easier as Treasuries Extend Losses. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32269, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market has finished a touch easier as Treasuries extended their losses after a brief foray into positive territory in the financial services industry in the U.S. However, underwriters continued to price new deals including a 350 million dollars insured...
- Pennsylvania's $900 Million Deal Tops Another Big Calendar. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/11/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33247, p7
The article reports on several million-dollar deals of municipal bonds in the financial services industry in the U.S. in 2010. It highlights the 900 million dollars of general obligation offering in Pennsylvania, structured by a 604.1 million dollars of Build America Bonds and 295.8 million...
- Munis Steam Ahead Despite Capacity Worries. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;11/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33412, p2
The article reports on the situation of the municipal bond market in New York which continues to hammer away at long-term tax-free bonds as dealers question whether there is sufficient capacity to absorb a bombardment of new paper.
- Montgomery County, Ohio, Plans Revenue Bonds for Hospital Buyout. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p3
Reports the sale of revenue bonds by Montgomery County, Ohio on behalf of the Kettering Medical Center. Purpose of the move; Details on the deal; Amount of bond sold; Benefit of the the move to the bondholders of the Grandview Hospital and Medical Center.
- Total U.S. bond issuance slated to decline in 2006. H. B. O. // Asset Securitization Report;1/16/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the results of a survey conducted by Bond Market Association on the status of bond issuance in 2006 in the U.S. The organization forecasted that bond issuance will decline by 13.3 percent in 2005. Higher rates will have greatest effect on mortgage-backed securities issuance...