Governor's $175 Million Plan Would Be Maine's Largest Bonding in Decades
- Maine Legislature Approves $5.3 Billion Biennial Budget. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31803, p34
Both houses of the Maine Legislature have approved a 5.3 billion dollar biennial budget package on March 27, 2003 as a first step in remedying the state's budget deficiencies. Despite the consensus on the two-year budget package, a 48 million dollar gap for the biennium budget has yet to be...
- Maine's Baldacci Pitches $197M Borrowing Plan. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p37
Reports on the proposed bond borrowing of Maine Governor John Baldacci. Inclusion of funding for forestry, conservation and biomedical research in the plan; Reason for the hesitation of lawmakers to put new borrowings before voters; Amount of borrowing supported by Republican and Democratic...
- Maine's Gov. Baldacci to Press Lawmakers for Debt on Special June Ballot. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p6
Reports on Maine Governor John Baldacci's call on lawmakers to put a borrowing request before voters during a special election in June 2004. Failure of lawmakers to agree on a bond proposal for the November ballot; Bond authorization proposed by the Democratic lawmakers; Debt request of the...
- Maine Gov. Drops Referendum Plans, Facing Lack of Support. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31951, p36
Reports on the cancellation of the bond referendum plan of Governor John Baldacci in Maine. Issuance of general obligation bonds during the current fiscal year; Decision of the joint Appropriations and Financial Affairs Committee; Impact of the state's GO bond on local investors.
- Maine Governor Revises Biennial Budget to Address $95M Shortfall. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;1/11/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32793, p4
The article reports that Maine Governor John E. Baldacci has revised the state's fiscal 2008 and 2009 biennial budget. The revision was revealed on Baldacci's State of the State speech. Meanwhile, the revision is aimed to address the state's budget gap, including consolidation efforts for...
- Maine Governor to Offer Smaller Three-Year Bond Plan. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;4/27/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31871, p28
Reports on the expectation for governor John Baldacci to release a pared-down three-year bond package in Maine. Inclusion of money for economic stimulus, environmental improvements, school renovation and public health initiatives in the proposal; Comment of Republican legislators on the...
- Healthcare's Maine man. Reilly, Patrick // Modern Healthcare;11/3/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p32
Presents information on Maine Governor John Baldacci. Information on his mother Rosemary Baldacci; Discussion on the proposed legislation that would provide healthcare coverage to uninsured Maine residents; Political career of Baldacci.
- Voting His Conscience. Helen Chang // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p33
The article presents information about a bill that was vetoed by John Baldacci, Governor of Maine. The governor vetoed the bill citing the social and moral perils of gambling. If the bill was passed, it would allow the Passamaquoddy Tribe to open a casino and racetrack in Washington County,...
- Maine Enacts Escrow Rules. // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2005, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p12
Reports that Governor John Baldacci signed a House bill in Augusta, Maine, which applies to creditors, assignees or servicers that hold or control funds of a consumer in an escrow account for the payments of taxes or insurance premiums.