Fists Fly as Lawyer, Adviser Are Fired in Oklahoma Deal
- No Bond Votes This Year for Virginia's Prince William, Stafford Counties. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31951, p29
Reports on the decision of the county officials not to place a road bond referendum on the election ballot in Virginia. Issuance of general obligation bonds to finance public projects; Construction of new administration building; Provisions of the draft resolution.
- OPINION. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p10
Comments on the response of county officials to the curtailment in federal funding in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Percentage of budget cuts; Need for officials to create cost-cutting initiatives; Importance of restraining hiring of government workers.
- Pennsylvania Seeks Team For $1B Deal. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31970, p1
Reports on the search by Pennsylvania for an underwriting team to work with recently created Commonwealth Financing Authority (CFA). Expectation for the start of the sale of state appropriation bonds; Effort of state Governor Edward Rendell for a statewide economic development; Request from CFA...
- Miami-Dade Officials Weighing Timing of $440M Ballpark Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/16/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33132, p24
The article reports on the consideration of Miami-Dade County officials to price $440 million of revenue bonds in the third week of June 2009 to finance the Florida Marlin's new baseball field. It notes that the retail pricing for the bonds was tentatively scheduled on June 17, but the deal is...
- Colorado Hitting the Road With $220 Million Trans Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p30
Reports on the sale of transportation bonds of the Colorado Transportation Department. Proceeds of the sale to finance highway projects; Terms of the deal; Underwriter of the bond sale.
- Cap Bypass Veto. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/3/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31711, p35
Reports on the reaction by Cook County officials against governor Rod Biagojevich's veto of legislation that was intended to give million in additional bonding authority to Cook County Forest Preserve District in Chicago, Illinois. Complaints of John Stronger, County Board president, against...
- Arlington County, Va., to Put $208M of Bonds on Ballot. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31937, p5
Reports on the plan of Arlington County officials to issue a general obligation bonds in Virginia. Solicitation of voters approval; Agreement of the county board to the borrowing plans; Division of the debt request into four separate ballot questions.
- Erie County, N.Y., Seeks FA for Return to the Competitive Market. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32330, p3
The article reports that the county of Erie, New York plans to conduct its first competitive bond sale since 1991. It plans to hire a financial advisory firm to arrange the bond sale. Erie Comptroller Mark Poloncarz is changing some of the county's financial practices following his election in...
- California Official: Experts Should Help With Issuers' Defense. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30496, p1
Reports on Nevada County, California county administrator David Brennan's proposal to require a financing team to post some sort of indemnification that would require those professionals to assist the issuer in defending itself if the deal is examined by the United States Securities and Exchange...