Municipals Unchanged as LIPA, Missouri, Rhode Island Sell Deals
- PIC: An Alternative Approach to Accepting Bids on Local and State Government Bonds: Comment. Hopewell, Michael H.; Kaufman, George G. // Financial Management (1972);Summer79, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p42
This article refutes the superiority of the present value interest cost (PIC) over the net interest cost and true interest cost (TIC) used by state and local governments in awarding their serials bonds as proposed by Professors Osteryoung, Braswell and Blevins. The authors also state that TIC...
- Munis Firm But Lag Taxables as Investors Wait for FOMC Meeting. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds on September 20, 2004 in the U.S. Weak performance of the market compared to the Treasury market; Decline in municipal bonds yield in previous weeks; Comments of several financial executives regarding the Federal Open Market Committee meeting.
- Muni Yields Fall 2 to 3 Basis Points; $1.67 Billion Puerto Rico Sale Prices. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31611, p2
The article presents information related to the bond market in the U.S. The Puerto Rico Highways and Transportation Authority entered the new-issue market with a $1.67 billion loan featuring a top yield of 5.20 percent in 2042 while cash bond yields fell two to three basis points. In the...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, November 8. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Presents a table depicting the performance of the municipal bond market as of November 8, 2004 in the U.S. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; 30-day visible supply.
- Municipals End Session Little Changed; Clark County Sells $361M Airport Deal. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p2
Examines the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S., compiled as of July 29, 2004. New issue offerings; Improvement in treasuries due to weakness in stocks; Increase in orders; Ratings of notable bond sales.
- Market Post: Investors Look for Late Tax-Swaps to Close Out 2013. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;1/2/2014, Vol. 122 Issue 34037, p1
The article informs that investors in the U.S. bond market are waiting for late tax swaps on the last day of 2013. It further discusses the municipal bonds market condition in last week of 2013. It reports that no issuance is expected and less than 1 million U.S. dollars of competitive offerings...
- Munis Finish Higher After Treasuries Rally. // Bond Buyer;12/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32273, p2
The article focuses on the impact on municipal bond prices and yields in response to a surge in Treasuries. The up-trend was ignited by bond-friendly productivity, housing data and labor cost. Treasuries carried higher when the Labor Department stated that unit labor costs fell by 1% in the...
- Gains in Treasury Market Encourage Participants to Bid Up Muni Prices. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;6/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32159, p2
This article reports that after getting encouraged by solid gains in the Treasury market, participants bid up municipal bond prices and underwriters were able to selectively lower yields on $750 million of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority revenue bonds in a move that tends to...
- Munis Continue to Adjust in Wake Of October Employment Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market on November 8, 2004 after a strong employment report in the U.S. Continued pressure on the market due to expected interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Limited trading activity due to wide bid-ask spreads; Need to reevaluate the...