- The Root of War Is Fear. Merton, Thomas // National Catholic Reporter;4/4/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p12
Examines the causes of war focusing on the Iraqi war which began in March 2003. Personal and moral obligations of Christians in avoiding war and preserving peace; Elimination of atheistic Communism; Religious teachings about war and peace.
- Opposing the war. Kuciejczyk, Josephy // National Catholic Reporter;5/30/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 30, p28
Reports on the opposition of Christians to the war in Iraq.
- Queer and Christian in Iraq. Jama, Afdhere // Whosoever;Jan/Feb2003, pN.PAG
Describes the conditions of Christians and gays in Iraq. Opinion of a gay Christian on the Iraq war; Evidence of the freedom of Christians in Iraq; Public treatment of gays.
- Tortured reasoning. Duggan, Eileen P. // St. Louis Journalism Review;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 256, p21
Examines the views of Conservative Evangelical Christians in the U.S. on the war in Iraq. Conclusion that war can be waged in a God-honoring way while acknowledging there should be room in the church for conscientious objection to war; Media entities that have provided coverage of the war.
- From the Plains of Nineveh. // America;8/18/2014, Vol. 211 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that the status of Iraq's ancient Christian communities has grown progressively worse since the U.S. invasion in 2003.
- Christians in Flight. // America;3/24/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 10, p5
The author focuses on the condition of Christians in Iraq. The author reflects that Christians has been fleeing Iraq since the time of Saddam Hussein and has continued unabated even with the presence of US troops since its invasion in 2003. He discusses the crimes committed by jihadists and...
- Christian support for war. Zabel, Sheryl B. // National Catholic Reporter;5/30/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 30, p28
Comments on the support of Christians to the war in Iraq. Consequences of the invasion; Violations to Christian principles; Need for the development of effective alternatives to war.
- A Letter from Elsa Tamez to all Christians of Latin America and the Caribbean. Tamez, Elsa // Feminist Theology: The Journal of the Britain & Ireland School o;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p13
Presents a letter from Elsa Tamez to all Christians of Latin America and the Caribbean. Opposition by Tamez to the Iraq War; Implications of the war on the U.S.; Recommendations for all Christians for dealing with the war.
- Christians, Muslims fear Iraq war's religious impact. Fletcher, Elaine Ruth // National Catholic Reporter;4/25/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p9
Reports on the fear of Christians and Muslims in the Middle East on the religious impact of Iraq war. Threat to security and stability of Christian communities throughout the Middle East; Dependency of survival of tiny Christian communities on Muslim-Christian goodwill and dialogue;...