Removing Coal from Energy Mix Could Mean 14,000 Deaths/Yr
- Coal Aims to Reclaim 'Fuel of Choice' Status. Blankinship, Steve // Power Engineering;Sep2002, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p54
Discusses some issues on the importance of coal in electric power production in the U.S. which were addressed at the COAL-GEN 2002 conference. Inadequacy of power transmission systems to move low-cost coal generation; Funding for coal-fired power plants; Optimization of existing coal-fired...
- Cleveland Public Power eyes stake in Ohio plant. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p7
The article presents information on the proposal of Cleveland administration to invest in a new, coal-fired electric plant in southern Ohio. The proposed $1 billion-plus plant would be built in Meigs County along the Ohio River and would be capable of generating 1,000 megawatts of power. The...
- view from the states. Koshmrl, Mike // Solar Today;Apr2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p48
The article offers information about the percentage of the electricity generation of U.S. States coming from coal-fired power plants. It states that West Virginia generates 96.8 percent since it is a coal-mining hub. It mentions that Rhode Island is one of the two states with no coal-fired...
- Coal use to grow, despite Kyoto. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jun99, Vol. 200 Issue 6, p32B
Forecasts the growth of the coal-fired power generation business in South Asia. Total existing coal-fired generating capacity in the region; Implementation of a number of coal washing plants in India; Process of building first coal-fired facility in Bangladesh; Approval by the European Union...
- Looking for India's lost generation. Varley, James // Modern Power Systems;Apr99, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p37
Discusses the major boiler renovation and modernization (R&M) project at the Talcher coal fired station in India. R&M as a major opportunity; Primary cause of low load factors at Indian plants; Background on the Talcher power station; Assessment of plant condition; Scope of the turnkey boiler...
- Without coal, who will turn on the lights? Curran, Dennies E. // Wyoming Business Report;Mar2010, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p37
The author highlights the necessity for coal generated power plants to provide electric power particularly in Wyoming.
- Gas shortage triggers switch to coal. Maree, Karin // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/5/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 49, p11
The article reports that an independent water and power project planned by Ras al-Khaimah Investment Authority (Rakia) will use coal feedstock. Ras al-Khaimah is one of several emirates in the United Arab Emirates that are opting for coal instead of gas to use as feedstock for power plants....
- Airline & Travel News - Travel Health & Environment Watch: Report Shows Coal Use Rising As Global Energy Source. // AirGuide Online.com;2/24/2014, p1
The article reports on the growing use of coal as a global source of energy production and electricity generation.
- SUPERSTITION AIN'T THE WAY. // Power Engineering;Mar2002, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p26
Discusses the need for improving coal-fired electric power generation in the U.S. Details on coal-fired power technology systems in the country; Need for replacing the coal power generation systems in the country; Prediction on coal-power generation.