Denver Hotel Bond Issue Up in the Air as Unions Challenge Authority
- Denver Mayor Wellington Webb. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/8/95, Vol. 87 Issue 135, p2
Reports on the victory of Denver Mayor Wellington Webb in a reelection for the Mayorship for a second term. Details.
- Denver Mayor Will Ask for Hospital Bond Referendum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p5
Reports on plans of the Mayor Wellington Webb of Denver, Colorado to ask the City Council to approve a multi-million dollar general obligation hospital bond issue as of January 2003. Details of the bond issue; Benefit of the issue to the city; Date for a ballot on the issue.
- Colorado. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p34
Reports on Denver, Colorado Mayor Wellington Webb's announcement that he will not seek a November 1997 ballot for the authorization of bonds for a new county jail. Plans to bring the issue to the City Council for consideration by 1998; Problems of overcrowding at the existing jail.
- Denver mayor reluctant to include jail bond issue in November ballot. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/12/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30391, p3
Reports on Denver, Colorado Mayor Wellington Webb's reluctance on the proposal to keep a $300 million jail bond issue from competing with other ballot questions. Reason for the mayor's reluctance; Options considered by Wellington; Pressure from accrediting agencies.
- HQ HOTEL UPDATE. // Association Meetings;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p9
Presents an update on the hotel industry in the U.S. as of June 2002. Decision of Colorado Mayor Wellington Webb to approve the development of a Hyatt hotel to complement the expansion of the Colorado Convention Center; Reason behind the temporary cessation of the plans to build a hotel next to...
- Denver Picks Hyatt. McGee, Regina; Pelletier, Sue // Association Meetings;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p15
Reports on the selection of Hyatt Corp. by Denver, Colorado Mayor Wellington Webb as of October 2002 to manage a headquarters hotel to be located in downtown Denver. Terms of the agreement.
- Park Fixer. Conte, Christopher // Governing;Sep2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p68
Features James Mejia, manager of the parks and recreation department in Denver, Colorado. Educational and career background; His relationship with Denver Mayor Wellington Webb; His efforts to restore confidence in the parks department.
- Courting the Gay Vote: Denver Mayoral Hopefuls Seek Support on May 17. Freiberg, Peter // Advocate;5/26/83, Issue 368, p12
Reports on efforts made by three of the five candidates in mayoral elections in Denver, Colombia, to win support from the gay community as of May 26, 1983. Promise made by Federico Penna, a former Democratic state legislator, to win their support; Efforts made by Dale Tooley, former district...
- DENVER'S WEBB STEPPING DOWN. // Jet;5/12/2003, Vol. 103 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the retirement of African American Mayor Wellington Webb in Denver, Colorado. Career background; Contributions to the city of Denver.