Arizona County Fears It Could Go With the Flow If Dams Break
- THE NEED FOR CAPITAL. Jones, Reginald H. // National Tax Journal;Sep75, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p265
Comments on the fundamental problem of capital formation in the U.S. Deficiency of the tax structure in resulting to the upsurge of capital needs; Decline in the capacity of industry to generate the required funds; Call for the government to redirect national resources toward capital formation...
- Texas School Fund to Weigh Options After a Lean Year. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p3
Reports on the meeting of the state Board of Education to solve problems in managing fund earnings generated from the Permanent School Fund in Texas. Deficit in expected fund earnings; Reduction in state budgets to meet current revenues; Suggestion to venture in investments to raise revenues.
- Scotland will achieve efficiency gains 'without cuts'. Scott, David // Public Finance;9/3/2004, p10
Reports on the effort of Scottish government to achieve efficiency gains without budget cuts in Scotland. Targets for savings; Ways to realize the efficiency gains; Examination on local government finance.
- Northern Ireland budget fails to outline investment plans. // Public Private Finance;Oct2002, Issue 67, p6
Reports that Northern Ireland's budget has failed to outline investment plans. Public spending outlined; Black hole in investment plans.
- Keeping it together. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/8/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 49, p1
The article comments on the spending priorities of governments and private individuals in the Middle East. A growing proportion of publicly-held funds are finding their way into new industries such as chemicals and car production. Unlike the oil boom of the late 1970s, government veterans are...
- Popular PEPs. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina; Wisdell, Ana // Accountancy;Nov89, Vol. 104 Issue 1155, p54
This article presents the comments of Great Britain Economic Secretary to the Treasury Peter Lilley on the number of personal equity plans that were taken out in the six months since the 1989 budget in the country. There were 570,000 plans taken out since the PEP scheme started and 200,000 were...
- Fiscal Target Within Reach. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p1
Highlights the fiscal performance of Mexico for the first quarter of 2003. Surplus increase posted for the quarter; Positive developments in the fiscal arena; Decline in foreign direct investment activity; Issues facing the country regarding the North American Free Trade Agreement; Prospect of...
- Governor Presents a Stringent Plan to Reduce the $1.7 Billion Structural Deficit Next Year. Del Campo, Tamara Estrada // Caribbean Business;3/24/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the stringent plan presented by Puerto Rico Governor AnÃbal Acevedo VilÃ¡ to reduce the multibillion dollar structural deficit of the state for fiscal year 2006. Amount from the investment plan allocated for the payment of salary increases; Assurance of the governor not to resort...
- Minn. Senate To Vote on $948M Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p1
Reports on the expectation for the Minnesota Legislature Senate to vote on a multimillion-dollar two-year capital budget that exceeds the version promoted by Governor Tim Pawlenty and another endorsed by the House. Reliance of the Senate version on general obligation bonding to finance projects...